Tax returns for K-1 interview

Hi everyone. I've read that my fiancee will be required to bring my tax returns from the last three years to her interview in Guangzhou. The problem is, I was not required to file a tax return in 2013 because my income was below $10,000 as I wasn't working during my final year of college and only started work in China in September of 2013. I have my tax returns from 2012 and 2011, but none for 2013 since I didn't need to file this previous year. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 options:

• Provide evidence why you were exempt from filing a return,
  • Or; late file your 2013 return even though exempt and provide a copy of the 2013 return.

They will also request an I-134 from you, the consulate treats it just the same as an I-864, I would study the I-864 form instructions for acceptable evidence of income.

Typically what is attached to the I-134 and later to the I-864 is:

• Past 3 year's tax returns.
  • Recent paystubs going back 6 months.
  • Letter from employer stating salary, job description, full/part time, temp/perm, on company letterhead.

If your income is below 125% poverty line counting the immigrant, then get a Joint sponsor and/or add assets to the I-134.

If you barely qualify to sponsor, the consulate can and probably will demand a joint sponsor.