Getting K1 as a foreigner in Guangzhou, not Chinese. How to fly back t

Hey guys,

I have been reading through this site a lot. My Fiancee and I are starting the K1 process.

I am not a Chinese, but have been living in China for almost 11 years. I live in Shanghai, but am trying to figure out if I should go through Guangzhou or my own country. My concern is, if Guangzhou does not hand me my passport after approval in Guangzhou, how can I fly back to Shanghai? Since I am a foreigner, I can only use the passport to get on a flight. That worries me. Staying in a hotel in Guangzhou for 2 weeks would be a bit much and a hassle. Do they give you any documents I would be able to fly with?

Thank you in advance for your answers! I really appreciate all your time. This is a great portal for everyone.

I Searched and Tagged a few topics "Foreigner" http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Foreigner/

This member JCJ has same dilemma after interview with travel while consulate had passport.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/user/71099-jcj/

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46907-administrative-processing/

Has an I-129F been filed? Typically the interview takes place at consulate indicated on the I-129F which requires proof of residence in that country, if not a resident, then interview would be deferred to home country.

If I-129F has not yet been filed, if US Citizen is also a resident of China, then why not get married in China and file for a spouse visa at the USCIS office in Beijing? This is known as Direct Consulate Filing (DCF) is far faster than the K-1 process. Spouse visa gets green-card upon arrival in the USA which allows travel and work, a K-1 fiancee cannot travel or work until having work permission and travel permission months after marrying in the states and filing the adjustment of status paperwork. Lastly the costs for a spouse visa to green-card are much lower than Fiancee visa to green-card.

Hey guys,

I have been reading through this site a lot. My Fiancee and I are starting the K1 process.

I am not a Chinese, but have been living in China for almost 11 years. I live in Shanghai, but am trying to figure out if I should go through Guangzhou or my own country. My concern is, if Guangzhou does not hand me my passport after approval in Guangzhou, how can I fly back to Shanghai? Since I am a foreigner, I can only use the passport to get on a flight. That worries me. Staying in a hotel in Guangzhou for 2 weeks would be a bit much and a hassle. Do they give you any documents I would be able to fly with?

Thank you in advance for your answers! I really appreciate all your time. This is a great portal for everyone.

You should be able to go to the PSB and get a document which will allow you to travel. Talk to them before you leave to find out what you need to do.

• Like 1