I-751 - Removal of conditions

Hi all. My wife and step-son have been here in the US for nearly 2 years and we just got the letter from USCIS saying its time to submit the I-751 to remove conditions. I had a few questions - sorry if these are repeats listed somewhere else.

1- Is I-751 the only form we need to fill out and submit? (ex...I dont need to submit the 865 geographic again or affidavit of support to I?)

2- Do we need to submit a separate I-751 for my step son who is 15 yr old?

thanks all!

Don

1) Yes. No other forms, no passport photos needed.

2) Not unless step child entered and acquired green-card more than 90 days after fiancee. Only one I-751 needed, just add an additional $85 for step child biometrics.

So, unlike the 2 yr conditional green card application we don't have to provide her shot records or any of that? Just Copy of green card and evidence of the relationship?

Sorry for all the questions. This just sounds so much easier than all the other applications and processes we've been through.

Don

You are applying to remove the conditional status all requirements for residency were met when you applied for the first cards medical and financial.

You are showing them you are still in a legitimate marital relationship after 2 years, so are providing evidence to show this.

Sworn affidavits should be signed infront of a notary

Study topics tagged: I-751 http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/I-751/

Thanks for your help Dan. The evidence of relationship on the USCIS website looks pretty cut and dry. I'll go through the I-751 info on this site if I need more information. I havent seen anything about it but is it a good idea to send in photos from the past two years as well?

thank you

Thanks for your help Dan. The evidence of relationship on the USCIS website looks pretty cut and dry. I'll go through the I-751 info on this site if I need more information. I havent seen anything about it but is it a good idea to send in photos from the past two years as well?

thank you

Here is what I sent for ours.

• Photos together covering various activities and trips in the 2 years, It was a simple 1 page with perhaps a dozen pictures wit captions of date/place. Many of them were of us near recognizable landmarks (Entrance to Brice Canyon, Key West, Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, etc... Pictures convey doing things together.
  • Copy of my DL and wife's Learners permit showing same address.
  • Copy of wife's college bills to our address.
  • Copy of medical insurance showing her name
  • Letters addressed to wife at our address.
  • A couple notarized affidavits from friends.

You are documenting living together in a legitimate marital relationship, this has a lot to do with immigration fraud, all too often there are cases where a US Citizen is paid to bring over someone either on a K-1 or CR-1, this is what USCIS is looking for. Example: http://www.justice.gov/usao/gan/press/2013/11-15-13.html

So my friend used the affidavit template from VJ. When she typed a few sentences it pushed the notary info down and created a 2nd page. She took it to the notary and the notary only stamped the 2nd page with her notary seal and signature. I don't know much at all about notarizing but should the notary have stamped the 1st page too or is only stamping the 2nd page suffficient?

Sorry for the weird questions. Really want to get this right the first time :-S

So my friend used the affidavit template from VJ. When she typed a few sentences it pushed the notary info down and created a 2nd page. She took it to the notary and the notary only stamped the 2nd page with her notary seal and signature. I don't know much at all about notarizing but should the notary have stamped the 1st page too or is only stamping the 2nd page suffficient?

Sorry for the weird questions. Really want to get this right the first time :-S

If it was two pages, couldn't your friend have printed on both sides of one sheet orr deleted a few blank lines reducing it to one sheet?

Who's the tell if page one was swapped out after it was notarized.

Statements from friends is just one of many different types of evidence you can submit. My wife and I submitted two statements, neither of which were notarized. Remember they want to see a broad picture of an ongoing marriage. Some things we submitted were,

two bank statements. One from when we first got married and another most recent one. This showed commingled funds for the duration of the marriage.

A copy of our mortgage showing both names.

Copies of both of our credit cards. (cross out some of the numbers if you do this.)

Copies of utilities showing both names.

A post marked enveloped addressed in her name received at home.

Two statements from friends, (unnotarized)

Photos of the two of us together with the time date function turned on in our camera.

Copies of the titles for both of our cars showing both names.

I don't remember what else, it's been 8 years. It must have been good enough we didn't need an interview.

Good luck.