Infrequent poster

Hello all,

I will have to admit that I have been a rather infrequent member here for the last couple of years. I got involved with VJ. I have learned quite a bit on my immigration journey. However, my family and I recently started the ROC process and it seems to signal a change in the emphasis and tenor of our journey. I suspect that I will soon be spending more time here.

Since their arrival in July 2012, my family has been working hard to make their new country their home. My wife, a former 20-year high school teacher in Liaoning province, is a recent massage school graduate and is now working in medical clinics expanding her therapeutic massage therapy practice. My stepson, formerly a somewhat awkward recent high school graduate, recently graduated from a local community college achieving a 3.92 CGPA. This fall, as a junior transfer student, he will be attending the University of Washington - Seattle campus, majoring in a very popular Electrical Engineering discipline. While I just keep working at my health profession practice, looking to retire in five years (ya right ;) ).

Currently, the ROC part of our journey has been progressing at a quick clip, certainly a far cry from the seemingly forever lapses of time during the K1 visa phase of our journey. We sent in our 3.8 pound POC packet toward the end of August. We recently received notice of their biometrics appointment 8 days from now. Maybe we will be lucky enough to avoid the ROC interview. I mention this in view of the "murky" AOS interview we endured a few years ago. Que sera, sera.

Good luck to all. :yahoo:

• Like 1

A&B, it is great to hear from you. It sounds as if your wife and step-son are adjusting well to life in the US of A and are both making significant progress toward their goals. My wife was also a teacher, at both the high school and later, at the university level. She started her own business after our arrival (we had been living together in China) in the States back in March, 2003. Our immigration journey once stateside was sometimes slow, but uneventful. The AOS interview was no big deal and we did not have a ROC interview as I recall. My wife is now a citizen. I hope your journey is smooth and quick and it is good to see you posting on the board. I look forward to hearing more from you as your journey unfolds.