Conditional Status Removal Interview

So, in what feels like has been taking forever almost a year later after submitting a book full of evidence after a RFE came in a few months ago, I have found our case was transferred from California to Memphis and it says we will have an interview (but doesn't talk about when).

This has me a little nervous for a few reasons:

1. They are very slow, its almost been a year since this whole process started and in November her letter extension expires.

2. Her drivers licenses expires as a result of above, and our lease on our apartment expires around then too and I'm worried that could cause more issues.

3. She is attending University this semester and next, I don't know if this is going to cause issues.

4. I have no idea what more evidence I could bring. We did return to China last month for a second wedding party (our first was just my close friends) but her parents wanted to have their own party so we had another. I'm hoping to get a video of that event and put it on my phone for the interview but that's all else I can think of, besides bringing what I already sent!

So how does this interview go? Is it any different then the one my wife took at the embassy while in China? Just go up there, he asks her some questions about how we met , ect, then its done? And is it normal to have to attend an interview at this point? The Immigration hotline is pretty terrible at explaining anything, they couldn't even tell us if they received our RFE. Am I almost done with this terrible process? Is the citizenship process just as slow and tedious?

1. Extension letter may expire, however status as an LPR does not, if for some reason the process is not complete before it expires, schedule an infopass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in passport which will server as a green-card for another year or until the process is finished.

2. Using the passport with I-551 stamp to renew drivers license.

3. No Again get an I-551 stamp in passport.

4. Interview tends to be a formality, just bring your file box full of stuff that you copied and sent to USCIS.

One way to jump-start a stalled I-751 if citizenship is in the plans, is to file an N-400 at 3 years of residency typically you can file it 1 year after you fled that I-751, they will have to handle the I-751 before handling the N-400.

We had our Removal of Conditional Status interview, as well as citizenzship interview, in Memphis. For us, the drive is between four to five hours as well. Our Removal of Conditional Status interview took about twenty minutes and we were both present, along with our daughter, who was only about eight or nine months old at the time as I recall. My memory is a little foggy on this as it was ten years ago. The citizenship interview and test was real quick. If you plan on staying overnight in Memphis, I highly recommend the small Holiday Inn on the campus of Memphis University. The rooms are suites and very nice, plus the campus is a good place to take a walk if you so desire. It is about ten to fifteen minutes away from the USCIS office, depending on traffic. You folks must live down South somewhere if your interview is in Memphis. Are you in Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama (I think Alabama goes to Atlanta), Mississippi?

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the initial steps of our ROC process. Send in the 3.8 pounds of paper, got the petition acceptance receipt, they quickly took their money. The biometrics appointments are scheduled for next Wednesday at the new DHS Seattle Field Office "fortress" in Tukwila. Hopefully, the traffic god will be in a good mood that morning. After that, we wait........ Is it akin to watching paint dry or watching grass grow?

Good luck, hope that you get your interview soon.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, when ChunMei and I filed for ROC, we sent in the paperwork and the fees, she had the biometrics done about a month later, and about six weeks after that she got her 10 year green card in the mail. No interview was ever required.

Quick, similar to my wife several years ago, no interview either.

Typically from what I see most removal of condition cases tend to go without interview.