Chinese Women Self Introduction /gentlemen are welcome too!!

Joecy

Catherineli, she is 13 now.

Joecy, please understand her mother was against those story books, because after all they were not math and science. But those books helped her way more. Over in China, The Little-One endured being made fun of in school by the other kids, because her mom started her off in the 2nd grade, skipping the first grade, so she was younger and smaller. Then there was homework until midnight over there. Though they came to America, her Mom was 'Chinese old school thinking' and resisted her daughter playing with friends, or having fun on vacations. So, the little girl was determined to be an American and make friends anyway. She was a fanatic about reading. It taught her how to get along and to understand every joke and the daily life and talking. She charmed her way into the student council, & we helped with the posters a little, as her speech was just so-so in front of all the kids. But she won, and was popular, and the principle wanted to adopt her. But all of these things were her idea. I saw how she worked the principle and office people and teachers. She was the best politician I ever saw. :D I almost felt sorry for the adults working in that school.

Now she lives in another school system up in Plano, TX, one of the best. (Which is not good for the top Universities her Mom wants her to go to. Class ranking, in a lesser school, is more important than what Highschool you go to , IN THE USA!!! Some Chinese figured that out, and moved back OUT OF Plano and into a lesser school, so their child will be ranked #1 or in the upper crust.) It also has a HUGE Asian population, so she is back in the middle of the pack again, a year younger than her peers. Now her Mom understands America better, and worries that she does not have enough friends or get along with others so well. But, life isn't so bad now. They have a peace between them. Mom and Daughter had to learn, so they can get along. She achieved getting into the highest orchestra in the school, yet she has zero pitch ability and sings like a horse, haha, and she knows it, but she got good on the viola. Playing a music instrument was required in Plano. This next year she will be one of the girls swinging the flags around during half time at the football games. So, not the big time leader anymore, but I suspect she is waiting to go to college and then be herself again. I hope all this enduring the huge study crap at school has not killed her energetic personality. School can certainly take creativity out of a kid. Some of our best leaders don't have a college degree, you know.

All the Chinese moms are the same , mostly are "Tiger moms" who wanted to stuff their kids with knowledge we believed useful - to get to higher education and get well paid job, so definitely a lot of math, instruments (piano & violin, not so much band instrument cause no every middle school/high school has a band, and there's no football )

We are not bought up in a fun & interactive way, our parents don't play with us, cause their parents didn't play with them.

But I still think we can learn, a funner way.

My 7-yr-old saw me do the ASL ice bucket challenge, and she did the same.

Ask her way, she said: I don't know why, but I just want to do it. "

• Like 2

Joecy, if I click on the QUOTE button it does not work for me on Candle.

The lesson is............shut up and listen to me husband........because I am right........and you are stupid man. :D

For tiger moms. I only suggest, that if you allow your kids to learn this or that, of their choosing, they may surprise you. Also they may get bored with it, so no fear of what they will be in life. If the child studies bugs under a microscope for awhile, they will probably get bored with it and move on, . If not, then maybe they will discover some chemical in one that cures some great disease when older. They are born different from each other and have their own gifts. Just saying. Besides, it is SOOO much fun to learn things the school does not teach, but that the child is interested in.

Also kids playing together sure teaches them A LOT that they will use in life. But I know Yall know all this. Just mouthing off, goodnight :D

Edited by Doug (see edit history)