CCP issues during interview for AOS from F1

Hello guys,

I have a question about my upcoming interview. But first a bit of background.

I am an American Citizen, and my wife is Chinese, living in the US for the past 5 years on an F-1 visa.

When she was in college, her parents pretty much forced her to join the CCP, and she never quit. Her membership is nominal, as she has never attended any meetings, held any offices, or even paid any dues. She told me that she doesn't have to pay membership dues because she is supposed to receive some money from the party every year (which she never collected) that exceeds the party dues amount.

We recently got married, and last month we filed for Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Permanent Resident.

On form I-485, we truthfully indicated that she is a nominal member of the CCP.

Couple of days ago, we received a notice that our case is in the "Testing and Interview" stage.

My question is will the CCP issue cause any delays?

I searched through the forums as well as visajourney.com, and the great majority of the folks her are adjusting from K-1, where the CCP issue is addressed during the interview in China, and a blue slip is usually given and handled before coming to the US.

However, since the upcoming interview will be the first time my wife's CCP membership issue will be addressed, what should we expect going in.

Also, what can we take from us that can mitigate the need for an RFE after the interview, i.e. an affidavit of sorts.

Anyway, thank you for any help or insights that you may have.

The issue is the SAME, no matter what visa, no matter where she is interviewing (U.S. or China). It is LESS likely to have a pronounced effect on her application, though, in the U.S.

This is an excellent paper on the issue - Download MS Word Document contributed by member, Cathy & Bruce: CCP Essay

Thank you very much for you quick response. So, I should expect an RFE after the interview.

Probably administrative processing, if the officer does not approve outright.

I would not expect an RFE after the interview.

Thank you very much for you quick response. So, I should expect an RFE after the interview.

We haven't seen many people who adjusted status from an F1, but my guess is that no, you won't be getting an RFE (request for evidence). Any additional investigation time might come either before or after the interview.