Questions about I-130 IR-1/IR-2

This is two petitions treat them as if they will he sent in separately.

Spouse petition has two G-325A forms attached to it, the line that says other and note "I-130"

Second petition is for step child, it does not have any G-325A forms attached to it.

Last steps now:

We have everything together and have one more question.

I know we need passport style photos attached to both G-325a for petitioner and applicant.

I also understand there is no G-325a for stepson.

Question 1: Where do i attached the passport photo for stepson? or is it needed?

Question 2: do we sent BOTH petitions together in the same packet?

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

This is two petitions treat them as if they will he sent in separately.

Spouse petition has two G-325A forms attached to it, the line that says other and note "I-130"

Second petition is for step child, it does not have any G-325A forms attached to it.

Last steps now:

We have everything together and have one more question.

I know we need passport style photos attached to both G-325a for petitioner and applicant.

I also understand there is no G-325a for stepson.

Question 1: Where do i attached the passport photo for stepson? or is it needed?

Question 2: do we sent BOTH petitions together in the same packet?

1) No passport photo for step son, it will be needed later by NVC when doing the DS-260

2) Yes send together in same packet, if binding them, bind them as separate petitions, but put together in same envelope.

I recommend, two hole punch everything at top of page and use an ACCO fastener on each petition.

http://www.internet-stationers.co.uk/Shop/istationers_shop/images/AC70850A.jpg

Time to send everything out.

This is what we have.

Are we missing anything?

My name is: John doe

I am petitioning for the CR1 visa for my wife Jane doe

And petitioning for the CR1 visa for my stepson. (Son of Jane doe)

Table of content

1. Form I-130: Signed and dated for Jane doe
  2. Form I-130: Signed and dated for Stepson

3. G-325A: filled out by the U.S. Citizen

Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of U.S. Citizen

4. G-325A: filled out by the foreign wife

Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of foreign wife

5. Copy of all pages of the U.S. Citizen’s passport

6. Copy of all pages of the foreign wife’s passport: (Translated and Notarized)

7. Copy of all pages of the foreign stepson’s passport: (Translated and Notarized)

8. Copy of the marriage certificate (Translated and Notarized)

9. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign wife: (Translated and Notarized)

10. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign Stepson: (Translated and Notarized)

11. Copy of (Agreement For Child Fosterage Right Change) For stepson (Translated and Notarized)

12. Copy of the Divorce certificate for the foreign wife: (Translated and Notarized)

13. (4) Affidavits from family and friends

14. (6) Photos with family and friends.

15. Personal check for fees: (Wife) Check number xxxx

16. Personal check for fees: (Stepson) Check number xxxx

Signed on this date 07/21/2014

By: Husband

If this is planned cover letter first list spouse petition contents and then step child petition contests. No sharing of evidence so for example spouse petition will have a copy of marriage cert and step child petition will list a copy of marriage cert.

If this is planned cover letter first list spouse petition contents and then step child petition contests. No sharing of evidence so for example spouse petition will have a copy of marriage cert and step child petition will list a copy of marriage cert.

Step child marriage cert?? he is not married.

Or are you talking about mothers marriage cert to be included with step child petition?

Copy of petitioners marriage cert to step child"a parent sets the step parents relationship to the step child.

Cover letter.

PETITIONER’S NAME]
[PETITIONER’S ADDRESS]

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
[ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION]
[DATE]

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Spouse Visa for [bENEFICIARY’S NAME], and supporting documents. Also please find my Form I-130, Petition for Step Child Visa for [bENEFICIARY’S NAME], and supporting documents.

Table of content

• Form I-130: Signed and dated for Jane doe
  1. G-325A: filled out by the U.S. Citizen Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of U.S. Citizen
  2. G-325A: filled out by the foreign wife Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of foreign wife
  3. Copy of all pages of the U.S. Citizen’s passport (Proves US citizenship, and documents trips abroad)
  4. Copy of the marriage certificate, + certified translation
  5. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation (Not needed for visa petition, later will be requested by NVC for document submission)
  6. Copy of the Divorce certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation
  7. (4) Affidavits from family and friends
  8. (6) Photos with family and friends.
  9. Personal check for fees: (Wife) Check number xxxx
  • Form I-130: Signed and dated for Stepson
  1. Copy of all pages of the U.S. Citizen’s passport (Proves US citizenship, and documents trips abroad)
  2. Copy of the marriage certificate, + certified translation (Petitioner to wife, establishes step parent relationship)
  3. Copy of the Divorce certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation
  4. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign Stepson + Certified translation (Establishes relationship to biological parent)
  5. Personal check for fees: (Stepson) Check number xxxx

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.
Signed,
[PETITIONERS SIGNATURE]

[Print Name]

These items needed later typically the BIO page is scanned and sent to NVC or CGI Stanley,

• Copy of all pages of the foreign wife’s passport: (Not needed for visa petition)
  • Copy of all pages of the foreign stepson’s passport, (Not needed until NVC or Consulate stage, and only the bio page)
  • Also Chinese passports do not need to be translated.

Cover letter.

PETITIONER’S NAME]

[PETITIONER’S ADDRESS]

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION]

[DATE]

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Spouse Visa for [bENEFICIARY’S NAME], and supporting documents. Also please find my Form I-130, Petition for Step Child Visa for [bENEFICIARY’S NAME], and supporting documents.

Table of content

• Form I-130: Signed and dated for Jane doe
  1. G-325A: filled out by the U.S. Citizen Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of U.S. Citizen
  2. G-325A: filled out by the foreign wife Signed and dated. One passport-type photo of foreign wife
  3. Copy of all pages of the U.S. Citizen’s passport (Proves US citizenship, and documents trips abroad)
  4. Copy of the marriage certificate, + certified translation
  5. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation (Not needed for visa petition, later will be requested by NVC for document submission)
  6. Copy of the Divorce certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation
  7. (4) Affidavits from family and friends
  8. (6) Photos with family and friends.
  9. Personal check for fees: (Wife) Check number xxxx
  • Form I-130: Signed and dated for Stepson
  1. Copy of all pages of the U.S. Citizen’s passport (Proves US citizenship, and documents trips abroad)
  2. Copy of the marriage certificate, + certified translation (Petitioner to wife, establishes step parent relationship)
  3. Copy of the Divorce certificate for the foreign wife + Certified translation
  4. Copy of the Birth certificate for the foreign Stepson + Certified translation (Establishes relationship to biological parent)
  5. Personal check for fees: (Stepson) Check number xxxx

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

[PETITIONERS SIGNATURE]

[Print Name]

These items needed later typically the BIO page is scanned and sent to NVC or CGI Stanley,

• Copy of all pages of the foreign wife’s passport: (Not needed for visa petition)
  • Copy of all pages of the foreign stepson’s passport, (Not needed until NVC or Consulate stage, and only the bio page)
  • Also Chinese passports do not need to be translated.

Thanks Dan this helps a lot.

Please see PM

• 1 month later...

Next step would be the Visa application fee and the I-864 processing fee charged by NVC after USCIS approves the I-130 and sends it to NVC.

Processing times lately for I-130 to approval seems to be 6 - 7 months NOA1 to NOA2

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=1&op1=i&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=China&dfile=No&adv=

Next step would be the Visa application fee and the I-864 processing fee charged by NVC after USCIS approves the I-130 and sends it to NVC.

Processing times lately for I-130 to approval seems to be 6 - 7 months NOA1 to NOA2

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=1&op1=i&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=China&dfile=No&adv=

back when hong and i did this, there was a DS-3032.

Is this still needed?

back when hong and i did this, there was a DS-3032.

Is this still needed?

Yep, now is DS-261

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/Step_1_Choose_an_agent.html

Well maybe I'm wrong and not reading the email correctly we just received today?

Receipt Number: EAC149xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 11, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

also received one for step son.

Could this be the NOA2?

If so this has to be a record for approval from NOA1 to NOA2 (36 Days)

Well maybe I'm wrong and not reading the email correctly we just received today?

Receipt Number: EAC149xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 11, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

also received one for step son.

Could this be the NOA2?

If so this has to be a record for approval from NOA1 to NOA2 (36 Days)

Sounds like an approval. I think my wife's I-129F was a record back when I did it, it was less than 30 days.

Anyway, wait a week or so, and then contact NVC using the EAC# along with Name and DOB of benificiary, they should give you the GUZ numbers. At that point have your friend's spouse do a DS-261 on line, and then proceed on with electronic processing at NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Make sure you follow the steps regarding sending I-864 and documents via email, not snail-mail this should trigger electronic processing.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html