Dumb I-751 question

Hi folks! I know this is probably a stupid question, but as we all know, the immigration process is sometimes stupid, so I figured I'd better ask anyway.

My wife's green card is expiring in three months. I know we need to file I-751 along with the evidence and fees it calls for. My question is: is there anything else we need to file?

For example, do we also need to file for green card renewal, or will she automatically be given a new green card if/when the conditional status is lifted?

Only form needed to be file is I-751, you can also file a G-1145 to get an email that they received the package.

And, yes the I-751 generates a new 10 year green-card when it is approved. The I-751 receipt notice serves as proof of permanent resident status while waiting for the conditions to be removed. If for some reason the I-751 takes longer than 1 year to process, you can schedule and infopass appointment to your field office and request an I-551 stamp in passport to serve as further proof of LPR status.

Lastly, if you do plan on a trip to China while I-751 is pending, it is recommended to do that infopass appointment and get the I-551 stamp to help prevent any issues when traveling carrying an expired 2 year card.

• 1 month later...

I-751 and evidence

What kind of evidence are you referring to? I al also getting ready to file the 751 doc...............

Matt

You can also use the tags that are attached to many ROC topics.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/I-751/

Or look at the bottom of the thread if using the full site, not the mobile site.