It took like 8 months, but I just got an RFE. I was really shocked and not sure what to do. It states that they want more evidence from the beginning of the marriage, because my evidence was too recent. And more evidence of financial commingling.

What I submitted the first time:

My lease with both her and my name on it, for our current address.

Our car insurance (both names on it)

Affidavit from my Dad.

Tax record from last year (I used the record I had from TaxTurbo)

One or two bills (doctor), to same address but different names (hers and mine, as we are not put on the same bills together).

I don't really know what else to provide. We don't have a joint account, as a student they suggested she get a separate one because it would be free. I transfer her money regularly, but I don't know how to really show them that or if they will care.

I have two car loans, one for mine and her car, but since she's a student with no credit, I put my name on both, and we didn't bother to put her name there.

We have no utility bills in her name.

We don't own a house so no mortgage. We are both young.

I'm not sure what to do, some ideas that I came up with were:

Add as many bills with our address and previous addresses that I can possible find. Just add them all in there.

My Dad added me and her as part of his cell phone family plan, maybe I can get evidence we are both under it.

Print out my Bank Statements and try to draw some map that shows I'm sending it to her.

See if my Health Insurance company can print something that has both our names on it.

Call for Tax transcripts from IRS for last 3 years (more than before, and more official being from the IRS?)

Pictures of our apartment and things we own? Cars? Clothes? Food??

Add more photos for good measure.

Add all the evidence I ever submitted before, so there is records from the beginning of the marriage, before I just focused on our time since we been in USA.

I'm really all out of ideas, and I'm not sure any of those are going to really help me! I also don't know if I should be freaking out about this blue letter or not, or if its pretty common. I also don't know what happens after I submit these, what should I do? Should I be considering a lawyer?

~ Freaked out and confused.

I-751 happens at 2 years of residency, so you should have sent at least the past 2 years returns showing joint filing.

• Trips together? Provide pictures from them at various places.
  • Provide additional affidavits,
  • Mail to prior address?
  • College transcripts
  • Do you help pay tuition? Should have receipts, or bank statement showing paid.
  • Copies of driver's licenses showing same address.
  • You should have added her to your existing bank accounts or opened a joint account early.
  • Credit cards in both names?

Too many times do I see people get the 2 year card, and forget that they need to think about building the case for removal of conditions 2 years down the road, they need to start building the case the moment they marry, and keep at it up to filing the I-751, and until getting the 10 year card.

Study topics tagged RFE http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/RFE/

Yes - don't think NOW - think back over the last two years for what you can use to prove you've been together the whole time.

More than likely, though, they'll simply take what you submit, say, "Okay, fine!", and issue the card. One thing about being in the U.S. is that as long as you're married, you're married! There's no real burden of proof there - just help them out by providing what they're asking for. Don't stress out on it - believe it or not, they're on your side here.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes - don't think NOW - think back over the last two years for what you can use to prove you've been together the whole time.

More than likely, though, they'll simply take what you submit, say, "Okay, fine!", and issue the card. One thing about being in the U.S. is that as long as you're married, you're married! There's no real burden of proof there - just help them out by providing what they're asking for. Don't stress out on it - believe it or not, they're on your side here.

Thanks Randy, I felt alot better after reading your message, I can't always help to feel the government is against me sometimes, especially the tone of the letters they send.

Anyways, the letter says since the beginning of the marriage, so I'm worried I need to be providing all the things I provided before when I DCFed in China. Marriage Licenses, all my old pictures from within China, ect. Am I wrong? Should I resubmit all this stuff? Do they not have all of this attached digitally on file there?

I'm also unsure if I should be paying another fee when mailing back the additional evidence, or if I just mail the evidence plus the letter to the address it was sent from and thats it.

I've managed up to come up with the following in the last couple of weeks:

1. EOB from my health insurance provider with both our names on it.

2. Bank Transactions from my Wife's account going back since we came to USA, we don't have a join account, but the bank transactions clearly show that I transferred money to her account through out the two years (as she doesn't have a job, so all her money comes from me atm while shes in school).

3. Tax Transcripts for 2011, and 2012, which were both filed together.

4. I went ahead and changed the address on my drivers licenses because it still had the old one on it, that way they both matched between me and my wife's.

This is all I could come up with financially that would both have our names. We have no loans or property in both our name. I may throw in some letters that show we both get things sent to us at the same address but none of them are utility bills or anything of importance to my wife.

We have a few new pictures since the last one I can add but thats it. No credit cards, college is being paid with student loans in her name. Not sure how college transcripts will help. Will adding any type of letter at the top, providing a story for her life since she moved here and lived with me at all help? And then provide a couple things like college transcripts to help back up that story?

Will this be enough? The only other thing I know to do is add everything else I've ever sent before since living in China but I'm not sure if that will help and be more of an annoyance. Any advice on that? it said 'since marriage'....

Thanks Randy, I felt alot better after reading your message, I can't always help to feel the government is against me sometimes, especially the tone of the letters they send.

Anyways, the letter says since the beginning of the marriage, so I'm worried I need to be providing all the things I provided before when I DCFed in China. Marriage Licenses, all my old pictures from within China, ect. Am I wrong? Should I resubmit all this stuff? Do they not have all of this attached digitally on file there?

I'm also unsure if I should be paying another fee when mailing back the additional evidence, or if I just mail the evidence plus the letter to the address it was sent from and thats it.

I've managed up to come up with the following in the last couple of weeks:

1. EOB from my health insurance provider with both our names on it.

2. Bank Transactions from my Wife's account going back since we came to USA, we don't have a join account, but the bank transactions clearly show that I transferred money to her account through out the two years (as she doesn't have a job, so all her money comes from me atm while shes in school).

3. Tax Transcripts for 2011, and 2012, which were both filed together.

4. I went ahead and changed the address on my drivers licenses because it still had the old one on it, that way they both matched between me and my wife's.

This is all I could come up with financially that would both have our names. We have no loans or property in both our name. I may throw in some letters that show we both get things sent to us at the same address but none of them are utility bills or anything of importance to my wife.

We have a few new pictures since the last one I can add but thats it. No credit cards, college is being paid with student loans in her name. Not sure how college transcripts will help. Will adding any type of letter at the top, providing a story for her life since she moved here and lived with me at all help? And then provide a couple things like college transcripts to help back up that story?

Will this be enough? The only other thing I know to do is add everything else I've ever sent before since living in China but I'm not sure if that will help and be more of an annoyance. Any advice on that? it said 'since marriage'....

Yes, but no need to overdo it. Pictures would be nice. They're asking for evidence since the beginning of the marriage - send what they're asking for without regard to whether it's already been sent or not.

Again, pictures WITH DATES (either a date stamp, or printed with the date next to the picture) would be nice, but also pay attention to the time period - the more time it covers, the better - rather than trying to send a lot of pictures.

Don't overwhelm them with a big stack of paper - once you have the time period covered, you're done.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent my response for the RFE about a month ago got deli every confirmation. Will they send any type of notice saying they received it?

Nope, they will not mail you any confirmation, you can check their online system to confirm processing.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

• 2 weeks later...