Where do I find the Beneficiary ID #?

In Chengdu now! Good food and great people.

Filling out the DS-260 and it's asking for the Beneficiary ID #. Where will I find this. All fees have been paid. Processing electronically. Have GZO #.

Also, the 260 says that you can only send a copy of the long form birth certificate. A short form will not be accepted. We have the official copy of her daughters birth certificate that shows where she was born and the names of both parents. This is one of the things they say a long for has. SO I assume we have the long form? Short form says just the child's name is listed. Just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Rosie and Marc

Edited by MarcRosie (see edit history)

In Chengdu now! Good food and great people.

Filling out the DS-260 and it's asking for the Beneficiary ID #. Where will I find this. All fees have been paid. Processing electronically. Have GZO #.

Also, the 260 says that you can only send a copy of the long form birth certificate. A short form will not be accepted. We have the official copy of her daughters birth certificate that shows where she was born and the names of both parents. This is one of the things they say a long for has. SO I assume we have the long form? Short form says just the child's name is listed. Just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Rosie and Marc

Check the context to make sure, but I believe they'd be looking for the A#, which at this point, I'm pretty sure you don't have. Maybe Dan'll have a specific answer.

The birth certificate you need is the white booklet, issued by the Gong Zheng Chu

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov....72115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov....ide/detail1.asp

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

The comments on the DS-260 are generic, applicable to ANY country. I don't think China issues anything which can be called a short-form birth certificate. Just be sure you have the white booklet format.

Thanks Randy!

This is what it says on the NVC site......

The DS-260 must be completed and submitted online through the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). To log-in to CEAC, you will need the following numbers:

• Your NVC case number
  • Your NVC invoice ID number
  • Your Beneficiary ID number

These numbers are noted on the letter or e-mail you received from the NVC.

Looked at all letters and emails and nothing that states it's a Beneficary ID #. So if it's the A# for sure we don't have that yet.

Thanks Randy!

This is what it says on the NVC site......

The DS-260 must be completed and submitted online through the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). To log-in to CEAC, you will need the following numbers:

• Your NVC case number
  • Your NVC invoice ID number
  • Your Beneficiary ID number

These numbers are noted on the letter or e-mail you received from the NVC.

Looked at all letters and emails and nothing that states it's a Beneficary ID #. So if it's the A# for sure we don't have that yet.

As near as I can tell from VJ, that would be your Case ID - the GUZ or GZO number minus the three letters.