Back in America

Hi Everybody,

Just a Quick post. I'm back from a week in China. I feel very fortunate that I was able to be there to fill out the P4, and have everything ready for the interview.

The travel with my parents went very well. My wife, Lannie, was standing at the Chongqing airport with a huge bouqet of flowers for my mother which certainly made her day - but that's another story for later.

I met Francine-gg on the flight back, which was my great honor. I was able to see the immigration process in Chicago - no sweat - about 15 min.

Welcome to America Francine!!!!! A happy wedding and future for you.

Dean

PS Exactly 1 month till I head back to get my wife. Anyone with a spouse or fiance comming back on the 20th of Mar, let me know. We will be in GZ from the 15 thru the 20th of Mar.

Guest blsqueaky

Welcome home Dean. Look forward to reading about some of your experience having the family there.

Maybe next time in GZ, you can call my wife, and maybe you and Lanniecan help explain to her some of what is going on so that she has better understanding. I am hoping that she gets P-3 this week, and maybe she will get P-4 about when you are there.

Again, welcome home

Mark

Hey Squeaky,

Good to see you. My head is a bit woozy right now, but I havent fallen off my chair or anything yet.

I'll be glad to contact your wife for you, and with your permission, can even check the doc's for consistency and accuracy, ect.

As I recall, she lives very close to Shamian.

Anyway, I'll gladly help all I can,

Dean

Guest blsqueaky

Thanks Dean, let me see close to shamian, walk down the steps from her house, turn left, walk 1/2 block, turn right, walk 3 blocks, front gate of U.S. Consulate, or down steps, t/r, walk 3/4 block, t/r, walk 2 blocks, White Swan hotel.

You definately have my permission. Thanks and again, welcome home.

Probably because that act would officially make her a terrorist threat. Which we know is ridiculous. Really how many female Chinese terrorists has the US found to this date.

Francine-gg is living about 20 minutes from me. My wife and I will probably be meeting them sometime next week.

Glad you had a very nice time, welcome home.

I was really glad to help, and would also do so for anyone in the group.

Anybody traveling in March. I just spent 2 hours jumping through hoops to get us seats. Earliest I could get back was Mar 23, so looks like I'll be hanging around GZ from the 14 through the 23rd, so thats where i'll be if anyone needs help.

Waiting to hear a post from Francine about the final days, and comming to America. I think it would be interesting from her perspective.

I was only 20 ft away from her in immigration line, and it did'nt look to be to bad.

I was all set to bring my wife through Chicago, but will be LAX now.

Dean

Guest blsqueaky
#&*$%^%&*!!!!!  That is close!

Why does'nt she just get a rock and sling-shot her stuff threw the window?

Dean

Yes, Dean, close, and would you believe still as of this date, still no receipt of the P-3. they can mail to another province and be there in 1-3 days, mail it 4 blocks, and who knows.

TO Dean.thanks again for your help.You were the first one said "welcome to American" to me in Chicago.I sent you an email.Please check.

To Bob: yes,we are planning to meet you when lily comes back from China.

Please let us know the time you are available.

To everybody: I like my new life.I have a beautiful new life in Boston now which is what I told my relatives in China.Within the past 5 days,I did alot of things:first shopping and Quincy city tour by bus by myself,working with my fiancee at his company and meeting with his parents and friends.So far so good.

What make me really happy and feel as at home is that I got everything I need in Kim Man chinese supermarket even you tiao(chinese toast) and salty vegetable(yu quan the brand I like alot).Our refrigerator is full of the same stuff as mine in China so I cook every day and my fiancee really enjoys the meals I cook:D.

The only thing I am not happy is that everything in america so expensive except lobster and salmon fish:D.I hate tips the most.

This is my 5 days feelings about my new life.Wish everybody has beautiful new life too.