I-130 Petition Questions

I am trying to decide when I should go to Guangzhou to file my I-130 petition.

There are only 3 dates available on the Guangzhou embassy Infopass website. The dates are in late November and early December. If I were to go there on one of these dates, I would have to use at least 2 sick days from work. I already used up my sick days at my school when I got married last month.

I hate losing money, but I know I should get this process started ASAP.

Do you think if I wait until late December, when I have off from work, it will be difficult for me to get my wife's visa by July 2014? I am asking because my contract ends July 2014 and I would love to go back to America with my wife this upcoming summer.

Can some people here tell me how long it took for them to get their wife's visas? I would appreciate any advice or tips on this matter.

Thanks for the help guys! I live in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province. It appears as if I need to file my petition in Guangzhou. Does anyone have any experience going to the US consulate in Shanghai and paying a fee for the I-130 petition?

This was in early 2011 and this changes all the time but I paid the I-130 fee in the Shenyang consulate and mailed the Petition with the I-130 receipt to Beijing. If Shanghai is much more convenient then I might ask both the Shanghai consulate and USCIS Guangzhou if they will allow it. Presenting it in person is much more common and sometime in China going outside they typical paths creates issues.