Should I get a police report from UK

qjnr57

Dear US consulate ,

This is the first time I went to this forum, so I sorry I don't know how to edit the title after I accidentally posted before I wrote the whole question.

My question is : "Should I get a no criminal record from English because I spent more than one year in England to get my master's degree there?"

I am a Chinese, but I went to England to have my master's degree during 2008-2009. I am currently applying for permanent residency in the United States and have been asked to provide a police certificate from all countries where I resided for more than six months, which includes my time in England. I wrote three letters to the embassy in Guangzhou through the email provided in their website, and each letter is about two or three weeks later than the previous one, but there is no response by now. So I am not sure whether I should get one no criminal record from England. I think because I have got my master's degree already, if there is anything criminal on me, they would not have given me my degree. But if the embassy insist that I should got one no criminal record, how could I get it and who should I contact, since I am in China.

Actually there is another question, I got my"Schedule your visa interview appointment" letter on Sep. 6th. But because I haven't figured out how to get the no criminal record, I have not made my appointment yet. Is there a deadline for my appointment?

So appreciated if anyone could help!

It has been a very long time since the consulate representative has responded to any questions in this forum.

But yes, you will be required to get a report from England, you can order one from them here: http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

About the interview appointment letter, they should hold your file for up to a year waiting for your response, it is understood that getting police reports can sometimes take time.