1-130 & G325A Form Completion Questions

Hello All,

Long-time lurker, firstish time poster.

We've gotten started on the paperwork. As I'm being very pedantic about this, I have quite a few form questions:

For the I-130:

1. Which address should we write on the form? Our (rented) apartment in China, our mailing address in China, or my mailing address in America?
  2. Re: B13: If you are a U.S. citizen, complete the following: What is the “Parents” section for? My citizenship was acquired via birth in the U.S. I’ve checked this box. Do I need to be concerned with any of the rest of the box?
  3. As a U.S. citizen, do I need to concern myself with B14, regarding lawful permanent resident alien?
  4. C17 asks to list children. This includes the children we have together, correct?
  5. C19 asks for relatives address abroad. Does this mean the Chinese address? As above, which address should be write?
  6. C21 asks for the address for where we’ve lived together, as well as the dates. We’re still at the same apartment, but I see no option for “present.” Do I just include today’s date for “To:”?
  7. There is not enough space provided on the electronic form for typing out addresses and phone numbers in full. What should we do?

For the G-325A:

1. On the G-325A form, how do I know my file number?
  2. The G-325A has a section which asks “This form is submitted in connection with an application for:” Do I check the “Status as Permanent Resident” or “Other” and then state the I-130?
  3. The bottom of the G-325A has a box “Applicant: Print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by heavy border below.” Is this for my wife? If this is something we fill out, how do we find out what her alien registration number is?
  4. For my wife’s G-325A, it asks for applicant’s residence for last five years in one box, and then immediately beneath this form asks for “last address outside the US of more than 1 years.” As my wife and I have been living together for the last seven+ years, do I restate the information in the box above, or do they want the address where she lived before we began living together in 2006?
  5. When writing my wife’s name in the boxes which call for Chinese characters, do I write the name as it would be written in Chinese (i.e. surname first)?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for all the questions!

I am assuming filing this to the USCIS office located in Beijing or Guangzhou.

I-130

1. Your current residence where you receive mail, unless you have a permanent residence in the USA which your receive mail at and will help establish Domicile.
  2. Nothing else to be checked, you will attach evidence of citizenship (State Birth Cert, or BIO page from your US passport)
  3. No you are a citizen, not a green-card holder, that section would be for a green-card holder who is petitioning for a spouse or child.
  4. Yes children together, as well as your spouse's children prior to your relationship.
  5. Yes same as above address.
  6. Yes can use current date, or leave blank and write in "Present"
  7. Hand Write them in.

G-325A

1. You don't, simply write "None" there, in some proses such as K-1 AOS the G-325A gets used twice once for visa no A# and later when adjusting status, at which point the A# is known.
  2. "Other" "I-130 Spouse Petition"
  3. Again will not have an A# so state "NONE" but yes print Applicant Beneficiary name in that box.
  4. Restate current address.
  5. Yes Surname first.

@dnoblett

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Regarding the address, I do have a permanent address in the US for domicile purposes. However, I want anything that will be sent to us to be sent to our China address.

If I put the US address for me, but the China address for her and everywhere else, will they send everything to us here in China?

I will be filing directly to Beijing in person.

Thanks again!

@dnoblett

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Regarding the address, I do have a permanent address in the US for domicile purposes. However, I want anything that will be sent to us to be sent to our China address.

If I put the US address for me, but the China address for her and everywhere else, will they send everything to us here in China?

I will be filing directly to Beijing in person.

Thanks again!

If you file the petition in China at the consulate, they should mail correspondence to your China Address.