Embedded Videos

Try this:

Copy the embedded link then paste it here

http://youtu.be/-6wxyaQqTiA

It will appear with a line under it showing the link to "whatever"

Then highlight the link and break the link with the unlink icon (located next to the link icon)

and see if your video appears here correctly.

You may need to hit a few returns after the break in the link.

• Like 1

But, again - it's a function of the board software to do that for you automatically whenever you post a video. It SHOULD be embedded automatically, but it is dependent on server timing.

So don't feel like you're doing something WRONG, or that you're a techno-dolt because it doesn't work for you the same way it does someone else.

It seems to work fine for me now, at least when I unlink the link. What I do now is wait to make sure the font drop down works okay (I use that as a timing device), then I unlink the link and hit post. It seems to work fine if I follow those steps. As far as being a technodolt, you don't know the half of it. My nine year old daughter is more skilled than I am.... :pc: :crutch: :blink:

• Like 1

It seems to work fine for me now, at least when I unlink the link. What I do now is wait to make sure the font drop down works okay (I use that as a timing device), then I unlink the link and hit post. It seems to work fine if I follow those steps. As far as being a technodolt, you don't know the half of it. My nine year old daughter is more skilled than I am.... :pc: :crutch: :blink:

Cool - yeah - I just took this snapshot while making this post

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/walserrjw/Untitled-1_zps92598ebc.jpg

you can type, and enter links, but it just seems to be a matter of waiting for the functionality to download before you click on 'Post'

Now, for whatever reason, my unlink trick didn't work with the video I posted in the new Muscle Shoals thread - :dunno:

Mick, in this case, you actually DID link to a web page, and not directly to the video, so the board software did exactly what it was supposed to in leaving it as a link (there's no way to embed an entire web page).

This type of video doesn't embed directly - you have to go to YouTube and find the video THERE, and embed THAT (which I've done for you). The returns aren't necessary.

Don't worry about it - you're doing fine.