From DCF to GZ Blue: Our story

I'll post all other updates in new threads, but did want to update here: We were able to get her SSN issued on Dec 29 (five days after entry), but we weren't able to get a printout from the SSA with the number, like I'd read other members had been able to do. We were told that since August 2014 this is no longer allowed because of fraud. We had to wait for the SSN card to be sent to us, which took exactly one week.

Randy's right that she wasn't yet in the system, but the nice worker at the office was able to get that taken care of.

I posted a little more about it in my name change thread.

• 1 month later...

What a ride its been. Good for you. I'm glad ya stuck it out and ya made it. Best of luck to the future.

tsap seui

I always knew you'd make it, some of us is jest late bloomers....or something....LOL

• 1 year later...

Seven months since the interview and still no visa. My wife got two updates on her file the end of December, getting our hopes up, but no movement since.

In the QQ group I mentioned above, people who have gone through AP and have gotten their visas have noticed that they have annotations on their visa like:

Annotation   **

Clearance received on November 20, 2013.

In general, these folks have gotten their visas shortly after the 'clearance date' noted on the visa. I guess this means that the current backlog is happening at the name checks, not in GZ.

Called my senator's office and was told that GZ still hasn't responded to their request for information sent back in October

My wife's IR-1 also had this annotation, but her case never wound up in administrative processing, so I am not sure if the two are related.