I-129F evidence data submission & older age applicants

Greetings, everyone. This is my first post as a new member. I am a 61-year-old gentleman who, after being a bachelor all my life, has finally found the love of his life. And of course, she is on the other side of the planet in China. She is nine years younger than myself and is elegant, educated, intelligent, and treats me like a king. I am ecstatically happy. But, of course, I now face the inevitable morass of American Immigration. For my first post I have two questions I would appreciate some help with.

The first question deals with the evidence data that we are to submit with the I-129F. I know we should “Front Load” so I have amassed quite a large collection of material. What I would like to know is what is the best way to submit it. I have everything printed on high-quality inkjet printer paper and I will be printing the photos on photographic quality paper. Currently I have all printed pages inserted into sheet protectors and everything neatly placed by category (letters, emails, Skype data, etc.) inside professional grade binders. It all looks pretty good, but is bulky as an African Bull Elephant. I would have to ship it all in a large box and I am afraid the huge, awkward nature of the binders may be an annoyance to whoever inspects them at the Immigration Service. I am considering having all the printed materials professionally bound into nice books, sans the bulky binders and sheet protectors. What does anyone think about this issue? Any comments gratefully appreciated.

The second question deals with my age and the age of my fiancée. Does an older age of an applicant, and that of his beneficiary, reflect positively or negatively on an application? Because of my age, this is essentially my “last chance” at this kind of happiness and I cannot afford to go through a massively extended process filled with problems. Nor can I do a lot of “repeat” filing or long-term legal work. And neither can I go looking for a new lady, if I loose this one due to government red tape. I would not want to look for a new lady, as this one is the only one I ever would want. Any comments on “older-age-applicants” would also be very gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

The USCIS prefers Acco fasteners like these http://www.superbiiz.com/img_ofs/Standard/F0002795.JPG

That being said many people, including myself have submitted evidence in many formats. Rather than trying to overwhelm them with 100 pounds of stuff you would probably be better off to choose the best stuff to submit.

As far as your ages go, as long as you can show that you can support her and she won't become a burden on the state it likely won't be an issue. A 9 year difference in age at 61 and 52 is insignificant. If on the other hand she were 25 and you 61 it could be a problem.

Good luck on your visa.

• Like 2

Your entire applications needs to be submitted loose-leaf - i.e., unbound. If you want to place them inside of folders or containers of some kind, that's fine, but the first thing they'll do is to toss the containers away, and bind them into your file with the Acco fasteners.

I would be concerned less about the bulk and more about the presentation. You need to present a picture of a loving relationship. If they have to wade through reams and reams of fluff to find it, they're less likely to see the overall picture. That is, it doesn't hurt to present too much evidence, but make sure that it doesn't bury what they need to see. It's up to you to decide what's important.

• Like 1

Yes, in my case i bound the petition using one ACCO fastener at the top, the petition was less than 1/2" thick.

• Cover letter
  • I-129F
  • G-325A (One from me, one from my wife)
  • Fiancee letter of intent from my self and my wife stating plan on marriage within 90 days of arrival on the K-1
  • Copy of my USA Birth Cert (Front and back)
  • Copy of my passport showing entry/exit stamps and visas
  • Copy of receipts from travel agent, hotels, ATMs, boarding passes, etc...
  • Copy of one or two emails from each month going back to beginning of relationship.
  • Copy of email log, showing list of correspondence.
  • Copy of yahoo chat logs
  • Copy of skype call log
  • Couple screen shots of webcam
  • 6 or 7 pictures together in Guilin, including one of me with her mum and sister.
  • Copy of a receipt for a ring I gave her.
  • Like 1