k1-visa denied

Guest kingkong

Guest kingkong

omg! I just called my financee that she says her case denied by a consular officer. what should i do? thx all!

a friend of mine introduced of my financee. i met her in April 2003 and we got enagement in the following week., cuz we fell in love at the first sight.

I filed I-129f for her in May, 2003. she went to the first interview in Jan, 2004. the officers says our relationship is not intimacy enough according the doc.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KingKong is not a troll, then king Kong will do the best to prove authentication. King Kong, you are being accused of this, just that you report a tragedy and it just so happens to be your very first post to the group. We have seen this happen a few times before and so, many of us are a little cautious.

This is only our observation so please don't take it to heart. Everyone here will give you the best they have in support and information.

Bryan

King Kong,

Yes, consulting a lawyer might help.

I have read that often cases receive a "RFE" (request for evidence). Early in the process, it can be done because of little things like putting in N/A for names of previous spouses.

At the time of the interview, you can also receive a "RFE". These are generally for two reasons. Not having the correct forms, or needing to prove the legitimacy of the relationship.

Typically if you ask, the consulate will tell you what would be required to demonstrate that you have a legitimate relationship.

Have you been back to China since filling out the I-129 nearly a year ago? How are your Fiancée's English skills? Your Chinese Skills? How do you talk?

On rare occasions, the consulate has asked for evidence of the ability to communicate. This can be in the form of a short video of the two of you talking, or of you reading and writing Chinese. Apparently, in the past, at least one person has been able to explain to the satisfaction of the interviewer why his knowledge of Chinese was irrelevant (3rd or 4th hand story). The couple was able to receive the visa without the video.

If you haven't been back to China for a while, book a flight back there. Plan on spending a few weeks together. Bring a video camera with some tape. No, they probably don't want bedroom tapes….. :(. What you need is a video of you and your fiancée sitting down drinking tea and talking about anything you find of mutual interest (and, not overly staged). This is a moment when a human interpreter would not be good. However, you could always use the aid of an electronic interpreter. See if you can schedule an appointment to meet with someone at the Embassy together.

If your fiancée's language skills are poor, outline a plan to improve them. Have some ESL (English as a Second Language) courses picked out and have the information with you.

And, of course, you have to demonstrate that you have maintained a relationship over the last year. Print out a mound of e-mail. Look for phone records, and etc.

Best of Luck in a very trying time,

Clifford

definately a asian female writing this.

Not unless she's in the US.

why, how can you tell, does it show posters IP?

From reading 300+ letters from my honey, I can recognize a chinese female's writing anywhere. And from talking with some chinese friends who have been in the US for about 3 years. There are some things in the english language that they don't have in the chinese language.

Like, masculine and femimine (he, she, him, her, fiance, fiancee), the chinese language doesn't use this distinction. "She" says her "fiancee", most american guys know it's "fiance". Typo, maybe.

A point of amusement, it's nearly impossible to follow a gossipee "he said, she said" story from a chinese who been here just a couple years.

Next, chinese doesn't have past, present, and future tenses. This concept takes much experience to properly incorporate into english. Read the post again and you will see this.

Also, the chinese compose their sentences differently, both in writing and speaking. Sort of, in a different order, maybe like, if you can remember your high school spanish, it seemed a little backwards.

Anyhow, this person is not a american guy, at best, this person is a chinese male with a chinese fiance. Or, a chinese female describing herself. Or, a troll.

Please note, to all of you chinese gals (or guys), there is absolutely no disrespect intended here. Just my observations.

definately a asian female writing this.

Not unless she's in the US.

why, how can you tell, does it show posters IP?

From reading 300+ letters from my honey, I can recognize a chinese female's writing anywhere. And from talking with some chinese friends who have been in the US for about 3 years. There are some things in the english language that they don't have in the chinese language.

Like, masculine and femimine (he, she, him, her, fiance, fiancee), the chinese language doesn't use this distinction. "She" says her "fiancee", most american guys know it's "fiance". Typo, maybe.

A point of amusement, it's nearly impossible to follow a gossipee "he said, she said" story from a chinese who been here just a couple years.

Next, chinese doesn't have past, present, and future tenses. This concept takes much experience to properly incorporate into english. Read the post again and you will see this.

Also, the chinese compose their sentences differently, both in writing and speaking. Sort of, in a different order, maybe like, if you can remember your high school spanish, it seemed a little backwards.

Anyhow, this person is not a american guy, at best, this person is a chinese male with a chinese fiance. Or, a chinese female describing herself. Or, a troll.

Please note, to all of you chinese gals (or guys), there is absolutely no disrespect intended here. Just my observations.

Interesting observation. I assume you did recognize mine as well. No. It is not a female in China. It is a male or female here. My skeptism runs deeper. Not on the language. This is not a troll. It smells even fishier. Met in April, engaged in a week and did K-1 application in May. Are we rushing things a bit?

If the person is in the U.S. and a U.S. citizen, that means she or he has been here for quite a while. What is the rush? If I decide to go to China to find a bride, I would certainly travel at least a couple of times. There are just so so many choices.

There may not be enough phone calls or visits. Why? Was it not worth the effort? Where is the finance from?

"Gotta see my lawyer, thnx." This person is in the U.S. to see a lawyer. The short form language shows this person does a lot of online chatting.

The visa was not denied. This person never did a visa yet. It is just a means to find out if, the situation is as described, whether it would be denied. KingKong, I appologize if I am wrong. But here is my advice.

It is not worth the money. Yes, it will be denied unless you make a lot of trips and act like you are really in love. In the end, you may make more money selling lemonade.