Interview preparation materials K1

I have read the site a lot recently and have been learning as much as I can. Of course, I want to do everything I can at this point to strengthen our case and I thought of something that I hadn't read much about anywhere. Some states require or prefer pre-marital counseling and many accept online counseling. If me and my fiancee completed the course, would it be wise for her to bring a copy of the completion certificate to the interview or would it be presumptuous? The completed certificate is good for a year. I'm leaning towards including it as it shows some effort and intent to marriage.

Any other suggestions out there I'm open to. I feel like we have a little less evidence than I would like as I was living in China and didn't document everything very well until the end of my residence there. We have dated photos, and train passes along with chat records and skype records, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

Thanks in advance

Premarital counseling? Never heard of that, have yet to see any other member posting doing that. I doubt it would help your case.

You say you lived over in China as a resident, why did you not marry over there and filed for a spouse visa at the consulate in Guangzhou or Beijing?

Dated photos, train passes chat records, etc should be attached to the visa petition filing, the consulate tends to not accept any additional evidence just prior to the interview, they will only accept what is requested in the OF-169

Study the interview, and questions FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_Interview_Final1.htm

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Questions_Final1.htm

Evidence is evidence - if you two want to take the online course, why not submit the completion certificate (although she may not have a chance to do so at the interview).

Try to submit evidence which covers as much of the time period you were together as possible.

I have read the site a lot recently and have been learning as much as I can. Of course, I want to do everything I can at this point to strengthen our case and I thought of something that I hadn't read much about anywhere. Some states require or prefer pre-marital counseling and many accept online counseling. If me and my fiancee completed the course, would it be wise for her to bring a copy of the completion certificate to the interview or would it be presumptuous? The completed certificate is good for a year. I'm leaning towards including it as it shows some effort and intent to marriage.

Any other suggestions out there I'm open to. I feel like we have a little less evidence than I would like as I was living in China and didn't document everything very well until the end of my residence there. We have dated photos, and train passes along with chat records and skype records, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can.

Thanks in advance

Did you schedule the interview on CGI stanley? I'm trying to schedule but it always says no appoinment available.

Thanks in advance

Did you schedule the interview on CGI stanley? I'm trying to schedule but it always says no appoinment available.

Are you finding that for this month AND next (July)? If so, you may wish to continue checking back until new dates are opened up. We haven't received enough feedback to know when this occurs. Hopefully, you won't have to wait for July and end up booking an appointment in August. Check often in case of cancellations.

This is the first we've heard about them being booked up - one person reported that he would have been able to book an interview for the next day.

Thanks in advance

Are you finding that for this month AND next (July)? If so, you may wish to continue checking back until new dates are opened up. We haven't received enough feedback to know when this occurs. Hopefully, you won't have to wait for July and end up booking an appointment in August. Check often in case of cancellations.

This is the first we've heard about them being booked up - one person reported that he would have been able to book an interview for the next day.

Yes for this month and July. Actually it's for every date on the calendar on the scheduling page.

Someone told me it might be that all june slots are taken and July slots aren't open yet.

Premarital counseling? Never heard of that, have yet to see any other member posting doing that. I doubt it would help your case.

You say you lived over in China as a resident, why did you not marry over there and filed for a spouse visa at the consulate in Guangzhou or Beijing?

Dated photos, train passes chat records, etc should be attached to the visa petition filing, the consulate tends to not accept any additional evidence just prior to the interview, they will only accept what is requested in the OF-169

Study the interview, and questions FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_Interview_Final1.htm

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_Interview_Questions_Final1.htm

My income was far below poverty guidelines, I thought at the time it was imperative to establish a decent salary in the states. I realize now co-sponsors are an option but this seemed like the only feasible way at the time.

Thanks in advance

No we just got NOA2 a couple weeks ago

Evidence is evidence - if you two want to take the online course, why not submit the completion certificate (although she may not have a chance to do so at the interview).

Try to submit evidence which covers as much of the time period you were together as possible.

Thanks, I think I will!

No we just got NOA2 a couple weeks ago

Plan on some time NOA2 to P3 there has been a report of a long wait in this thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45594-whats-the-wait-time-between-noa2-and-p3/

Just got off the phone with NVC, wrong birthdate wow. Checked the first NOA and the birthdate is correct there. They said to email them a copy of her passport to correct it but they already sent it to Guangzhou they said.

Thanks in advance

Yes for this month and July. Actually it's for every date on the calendar on the scheduling page.

Someone told me it might be that all june slots are taken and July slots aren't open yet.

I just checked the American Citizen Services appointments - none are available there either (for passport renewals, adoptions, etc.), although there are MANY slots available in June. So July may simply not be open yet - check back often, and also check out the GUZ Moves thread, which may be a big factor.

I called the consulate service line and reported the situation yesterday. They opened some July slots. Thanks Randy :)

That's great! Did you happen to notice if there were any open after July 15? Especially the week of July 15 to July 22?

I called the consulate service line and reported the situation yesterday. They opened some July slots. Thanks Randy :)

That's great! Did you happen to notice if there were any open after July 15? Especially the week of July 15 to July 22?

No, it's the first two weeks that whey opened