March Interview - Passed

TnN

DCF Guangzhou Experience

Monday March 11, 2013

Appt time:12:30

Arrived for the line around 11:15, already over 100 people in line, there were 2 or more lines, as mentioned in prior posts, we had to ask which one was immigration, but found the correct one.

12:15 they started checking the appt letter and passports, handing people green/blue/black cards to proceed upstairs to the security check. I followed up to the first check, mainly because I was curious, but ducked out of line before the next one. First check is just basic screen, second check on the next floor is the full check with removal of belt, shoes, etc.

Document hand in was relatively easy, the girl at the counter didn’t really ask for the documents because my husband just kept handing her one document after the other. She did however ask my husband questions about the documents such as, oh I see you have a co-signer and the wife, what is her name (he answered), where did you meet your wife, when did you get married, she also had us give our original marriage certificate and my husbands original birth declaration certificate…

Documents submitted on the Doc intake day:

-Original passport

-Photos

-Birth documents, baptismal card, affidavit of hospital closure, affidavit from father, national population certificate (notorial copy and original), affidavit of age declaration C This is all due to husbands birth country

- medical forms (not the x-ray)

- Marriage certificate (both notorial copy and original)

- I-864 of petitioner with 3 years tax transcripts and job offer letter, I-864 of co-sponsor and I-864A for spouse of co-sponsor along with 3 years tax transcripts, 3 most recent paystubs, letter from current employer, copy of co-sponsor’s passport (proof of US domicile returned and was not looked at or asked for during both interview days)

- Original police clearance for both home country and China

Went to the cashier window and paid the $230 (note they DO NOT accept Chinese bank cards, someone had to leave and withdraw cash for this), waited for the number to be called again at the original window to give the payment receipt. She stamped the appointment letter with the return at 7:30am tomorrow stamp. They also stapled an EMS slip to be filled out by us and instruction sheet to be returned tomorrow during our interview along with a pamphlet on domestic abuse and further procedure for visa and AOS

Waited some more time to be called for finger printing, seemed to take a while to get all the fingerprints completed.

Left around 3:30pm

Tuesday March 12, 2013

Appt time: 7:30am

Arrived around 6:45am, not many people were there yet, but many more lines today than yesterday. They made 2 lines (green dot, and none) along with other lines for what I could tell were just normal visa appointments. They let the people with the green dots in first, then let in the other appointment lines, and then back to the people (like us) that had their letter stamped without a green dot. A little note, people that arrived later than 7:30 with a green dot were made to wait for other lines to be checked). At about 7:45am we were inside the building waiting in a much longer security line than yesterday. It was quite fast, but again I ducked out before the first check.

Everyone entered the hall and took an oath, in Chinese, then sat and waited for their numbers to be called. (The VO wanted my husband to do it again in English, but said he did it in Chinese already)

The number was called, walked up to the counter and the VO greeted my husband first with a good morning, do you remember me? My husband said yes, she said, yeah I finger printed you yesterday, I remember you. And from there the conversation took off. She scanned the bar code and waited for the case to come on the computer. He handed our passports, she returned mine without looking. She then asked about the relationship, will he live in this state? Where? The VO was from the same state so they shared some commentary on that. She also seemed to review the documents from the intake yesterday as she asked if my husband came to live with me in November as stated from dates on the police certificate (he clarified with other documents). She asked if we had pictures, my husband handed her a binder with both wedding and relationship pictures, which she loved, and commented on the colors of our wedding, traditional dress, etc. The VO was very friendly and commented that our file was very organized and she’d never seen a file like it before. She then half jokingly said, oh, are you a member of the CCP, my husband said no. She then said CONGRATULATIONS!! took the EMS slip and handed him an APPROVAL LETTER with his case number and Alien number, the copy of EMS form, and instructions on how to pay the $165 online before entering the states, and our original marriage and population cert.

10:40am he walked out with the approval

My husband said he enjoyed the talk with the officer so much that when he came out he told me that she didn’t ask any questions…then later said she was quite sneaky with them! He also noted that a lot of people seemed to have received the blue slip and knew of some denials as well. My advice is to stay calm, get your ducks in a row, and you’ll be fine!

2 days later EMS states the package is in the sorting center

The VO was very friendly and commented that our file was very organized and she’d never seen a file like it before. She then half jokingly said, oh, are you a member of the CCP, my husband said no.

I am sure interviewing a man from Nigeria was a nice change of pace for the VO. Interesting that she still asked if he was CCP, definitely falls under the boss says we have to ask everyone.

Congratulations!

Could you tell me more about how did your husband get the notarized police certificate in China? and how much? Anyway, I am a third country national and need some information about how to get it done.

Congrats for getting the visa!!

Police Certificates for Foreigners Living in China

If you need a police certificate for any reason from having lived in China, it may be possible to obtain one from the local PSB Entry and Exit Bureau. You will need a Chinese work permit and a letter from your employer. Contact the PSB folks for the details of what they need.

The petitioner WILL NOT need one for the US visa process, unless you are notified otherwise.

from the British embassy

http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-china/criminal_record_checks

If you wish to obtain a criminal record clearance from the Chinese authorities, you will need to apply for a Certificate of No Criminal Record 无犯罪记录证明

* To apply for a certificate while you are resident in China, you should apply to your local Public Security Bureau.

* To obtain a certificate after you have left China you should contact the local PSB. However you can also try service companies that offer services to help foreign residents.

* In Shanghai's district (Including municipality of Shanghai, provinces of Jiangsu, Anhui and Zhejiang), the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Guangzhou and Shenzhen, the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Chongqing's district (Including municipality of Chongqing, provinces of Sichuan, Yunan and Guizhou), the nearest police station (to be visited first) and the local Notary Public are both responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Beijing, the Shuang Xiong company offers this service for current or former residents of Beijing

Their contact details are:

No.3 Dongdajie (100m east of Public Security Bureau), Andingmen, Dong Cheng District

Tel: +86 10 6402 7616 / 6402 7596; Fax: +86 10 6402 7596

Email: shuangxiong516@sina.com

China123 as Randy W posted we went to the local PSB in China to find that there is a separate outsourced company that provides the documents for foreigners, but this is only for those registered in Beijing (correct info posted in previous post). If in other cities you will have to do a bit more research, also if your visa is from a different province than your residence etc. you may have to get more than one, one from each province you have been living/registered in. Since it needed to be certified and translated etc.we spent a little over 500RMB for the snails pace option which took us 17 days to process...those are working days so basically a month. There are faster options for a price of course. Also if you have used more than one passport during your time in china all of them must be provided when the request is made or they cannot process the document for the dates of your entire stay.

Edited by TnN (see edit history)

China123 as Randy W posted we went to the local PSB in China to find that there is a separate outsourced company that provides the documents for foreigners, but this is only for those registered in Beijing (correct info posted in previous post). If in other cities you will have to do a bit more research, also if your visa is from a different province than your residence etc. you may have to get more than one, one from each province you have been living/registered in. Since it needed to be certified and translated etc.we spent a little over 500RMB for the snails pace option which took us 17 days to process...those are working days so basically a month. There are faster options for a price of course. Also if you have used more than one passport during your time in china all of them must be provided when the request is made or they cannot process the document for the dates of your entire stay.

Your feedback is VERY much appreciated here - this is something we don't hear about very often, since it's not required in the typical case of an American petitioner for a Chinese spouse.

Thanks