Some stats

Posted Today, 03:43 AM

Test 2

line deleted

Edited by Dumasse, Today, 03:44 AM.

The request was to give us a minute or two to make a quick post change without the "Edited by ..." line appearing. Notice you posted at 03:43 AM and edited a minute later? I have no idea if IPB software allows this but I do know other software does. I didn't mean anything about a reason given.

It's fine just like it is. It gives you enough time to edit it if you put your foot in your mouth and decide to change it.

Test 2

line deleted

The request was to give us a minute or two to make a quick post change without the "Edited by ..." line appearing. Notice you posted at 03:43 AM and edited a minute later? I have no idea if IPB software allows this but I do know other software does. I didn't mean anything about a reason given.

It's fine just like it is. It gives you enough time to edit it if you put your foot in your mouth and decide to change it.

Thank you sir for your consideration. :Taking_photo:

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)

Test 2

line deleted

That's a reasonable request - no harm in giving someone a chance to proofread a post before it's set in stone (the edit window doesn't always give the exact picture), but I haven't found a setting for it. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I did some looking. the settings are:

• Can edit own posts? Yes
  • Edit time restriction (in minutes)? 120
  • Allow user to remove 'Edited by' legend? No
  • Can edit own topic titles? Yes
Unfortunately there us no setting to set the "Edit by" setting for a shorter period than the 120 minutes already set for editing, its yes or no, and set to no so that others know that the post has been changed.