Some stats

IMO: The first post in this thread is pointless.

Who cares about the stats.

Were family here.

If that was deleted or this was deleted then or now.

does not matter.

The rest should be posted in the Mod forum.

Database purge, SQL Queries, and what not should not be public questions.

Just IMO.

They had been moved to the Mod forum after (and along with) your first post - the ones left may or may not be of interest.

Very good, Thanks randy.

Though i forget what i said in my first post???

IMO: The first post in this thread is pointless.

Who cares about the stats.

Were family here.

If that was deleted or this was deleted then or now.

does not matter.

The rest should be posted in the Mod forum.

Database purge, SQL Queries, and what not should not be public questions.

Just IMO.

They had been moved to the Mod forum after (and along with) your first post - the ones left may or may not be of interest.

Very good, Thanks randy.

Though i forget what i said in my first post???

You had posted the same thing - I think I moved it to the mod forum, and then you re-posted here.

General Visa discussion used to be where most of the posts were made and as Dan said the other forums weren't invented yet. We used to have the board set so members could delete their own posts until a couple of them decided to delete all their posts and quit. We changed it after that. That could explain the missing old posts. Also PJ still has admin access. He could have deleted them himself anytime.

General Visa discussion used to be where most of the posts were made and as Dan said the other forums weren't invented yet. We used to have the board set so members could delete their own posts until a couple of them decided to delete all their posts and quit. We changed it after that. That could explain the missing old posts. Also PJ still has admin access. He could have deleted them himself anytime.

Carl, I remember those days.

Just a thought, Maybe we could get that back again.

BUT!! only delete the current post being made at the time.

NOT all the posts we made during the thread.

Ya know sometimes we post things and push the button and latter wish we didn't.

One post delete only.

Another point is there are a lot of past members came here to ask a few visa related questions and once getting visa, they never come back.

One post delete only.

There is a short window of opportunity to edit your post for just this very reason.

One post delete only.

There is a short window of opportunity to edit your post for just this very reason.

May I request a 2 minute window to edit our posts without having the [EDIT] notification put on the post? 2 minutes lets we who deplore typos, misspells, etc. to fix our posts. Thanks for your consideration.

May I request a 2 minute window to edit our posts without having the [EDIT] notification put on the post? 2 minutes lets we who deplore typos, misspells, etc. to fix our posts. Thanks for your consideration.

I believe that is reserved for moderators and admins only.

Anyway you are given the opportunity to give reason for edit, simply indicate typo correction or such as a reason.

I believe that is reserved for moderators and admins only.

Anyway you are given the opportunity to give reason for edit, simply indicate typo correction or such as a reason.

I know that many forums allow people to fix typos etc. with a short window before the [EDIT] is displayed, maybe consider it. All forums I know allow people to edit posts with the caveat that a big notice of [EDIT] is displayed and usually with a line of why. Thanks.

I just tested it and no reason was needed to edit. You can't delete though.

Sorry for going off-topic. It was just a thought. Notice this post. I will submit it, then edit it in the next 10 seconds to fix a typo, then re-submit it. All in under a minute. Some sites allow this to be done without it displaying a [edit] notice, a setting in the admin for how much time they will allow a post to be edited without showing the [edit] notice. This site displays an [edit] notice immediately.

Frankly, people edit posts dramatically after a couple of hours with no explanation and those SHOULD show the [edit]. Anyway, it was just a thought. Carry on and thank you.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)

I just tested it and no reason was needed to edit. You can't delete though.

Sorry for going off-topic. It was just a thought. Notice this post. I will submit it, then edit it in the next 10 seconds to fix a typo, then re-submit it. All in under a minute. Some sites allow this to be done without it displaying a [edit] notice, a setting in the admin for how much time they will allow a post to be edited without showing the [edit] notice. This site displays an [edit] notice immediately.

Frankly, people edit posts dramatically after a couple of hours with no explanation and those SHOULD show the [edit]. Anyway, it was just a thought. Carry on and thank you.

The IPB board software allows admins to edit posts without giving an edit reason (although we should say something if the post is changed, in my opinion). Others are not allowed to do this (the edit is allowed for a specific time, but only with a reason).

I'll look. but I don't think there is an IPB option to allow un-marked edits for general users, though - even for a short period.

30 min later - haven't found it, but haven't found the edit time-out, either.

Posted Today, 03:43 AM

Test 2

line deleted

Edited by Dumasse, Today, 03:44 AM.

The request was to give us a minute or two to make a quick post change without the "Edited by ..." line appearing. Notice you posted at 03:43 AM and edited a minute later? I have no idea if IPB software allows this but I do know other software does. I didn't mean anything about a reason given.