Randy W

Hellobikes comes to Yulin - not to be confused with Hello-Bikes of the Netherlands.

Our first bike-sharing service. They left an array of their baby blue and white bikes at the Riverside Park, and we've seen several of them as far away as the Guitouling and Yuan Bo Yuan parks.

I'll post my own pictures later. Looks like their app even shows where the bikes are.

http://www.hellobike.com/

http://www.hellobike.com/res/image/text-logo-icon.png

http://www.hellobike.com/res/image/download-bg01-sm.jpg

Looks like they spent their money pretty quick (from Reuters) -

UPDATE 1-China's Hellobike raises $350 mln in latest funding round

gallery_1846_744_732147.jpg

I guess a pre-expedition check-in site

gallery_1846_744_1130141.jpg

Some made it out to Guitouling and Yuan Bo Yuan

gallery_1846_744_420879.jpg

gallery_1846_744_63458.jpg

Chupa Chups comes to Yulin. I was surprised to see these at the RT-Mart today, and bought a bag. Jiaying laughed at me for buying "children's candy", but, well, Chenxi and I like them.

Very flavorful - pineapple (no, not beer). I can't remember the last time I had one (1980's ?)

gallery_1846_744_804041.jpg

Welcome to Chupa Chups World

"Stop smoking, start sucking"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The cooks will steal it Randy. :sweating_buckets:

Not sure what they would "cook" - but my guess is that simply putting up a SIGN that she has one is doing the trick. I suggested a picture, but apparently not even THAT is necessary.

:D :D :D :D Crooks would be more like it.

Now it didn't even occur to me that you meant that! :victory:

In a country where bicycle locks are always placed ONLY on the wheel, that probably won't be a problem, although they could easily drive off by mounting their spare. I think the sign will do the trick.

I got a few thousand RMB's tossed in my lap yesterday at the bank. The lady took over an hour to process my wire transfer, and the people behind us were simply piling their transactions in through the window slot to wait on her desk.

One lady tossed a LARGE stack of 100 RMB notes into the slot - the rubber band broke on one of the stacks, with the bills falling on my lap and onto the floor. I gave her my best "Oh, really?" look while Jiaying picked it all up for her. She said, "Sorry!"

I didn't try to dance for it - she wouldn't have gotten her money's worth. :rotfl:

Good story Randy. Possession is 9/10 of the law or finders keepers. Will any of those work in China. I'll bet not.

One of my best friends and I were walking out of the bank one day and he spotted a bank deposit bag lying against the wall of the bank on the sidewalk. He picked it up and it had $57,000 in it. Ole Dan, being the honest man that he is, took it back into the bank and they knew who it belonged to, small bank. They called the guy and he came back for the money and the turd didn't even say thank you. Ole Dan didn't need the money anyway as he had an accident at work one day, a contractor ran his truck into the back of him and broke a vertebra in his neck. I had to fill out an accident report on him and he put down that he made $55,000 per month. Well, I didn't even look at what he put down as income and when the report got to Civilian Personnel they caught it immediately, sent it back to fire headquarters upon which they proceded to jump directly in my S**t. I called ole Dan to the office and ask him about it and he said yes Captain I make $55,000 per month on my days off. I ask him "Dan what the hell are you doing in the fire department. He said well Captain I just like the fire department and all the friends that I have here but I don't want anyone else to know how much money that I make on my days off OK!! I said Dan you know that due to the privacy act I can't tell anyone. He was one of the hardest workers that I ever had. I gave him an outstanding fitness report that year. We are still friends to this day.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So now it's FOUR days! Back on Sunday. Seems like hotel prices here are ridiculously cheap - at $25-$50USD. We're staying at the Mingyuan Xindu for $30 - if it weren't for the WEDDINGS, you might think we were the only people here