Randy W

I do hope that they stick to this plan. I do not think that the Trump administration will adhere to the emission control's agreed upon at the Paris summit according to what he has said but that remains to be seen. So do you think that China will ensue Trumps lead regardless of what they have said if Trump refuses to abide by the resolution?

I think China will do whatever they do regardless of what Trump does or doesn't do.

I do think, though, that China may move to fill in a leadership void in the Asia-Pacific region

I followed up on the mist cannons. They don't actually produce a sludge. They combine with particulates of the same size (key point) and form water, which falls to the ground. They can be effective on construction projects for instance or where there is some heavy contamination.

https://qz.com/572954/chinese-cities-are-using-this-mist-cannon-to-shoot-pollution-from-the-sky/

The company admits the new machine can’t catch everything, but says it’s still effective. Two of the machines eliminated the dust from a six-story building’s explosive demolition in about five minutes, office director Lu Huang told Quartz.

The effectiveness is determined by the size in microns of the stuff being fired. Smaller, the better.

Randy you have gotta add some cheesecake to your pictures or videos on YouTube.

This ole gal and her husband lives just down the road a piece from us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xqFg56VWM

But if she turns ORANGE, she will be PISSED! No raccoon eyes, at least!

She DOES seem a little orange in the 'after' shots.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was encouraging, as far as repairs.

Our elevator went out late yesterday afternoon (around 4 or 5). Some people had gotten stuck and had to call for a rescue. They let the people out, and said the elevators would be out for about 20 minutes or so, but then discovered they had to send out for parts.

It was still fixed by sometime around midnight. I only had to make the down-and-back-up trip (10 flights of stairs) once.

Sounds like only one elevator Randy obviously. Good thing you are not on say the 27'th floor huh? If it was me I would have had to spend the day at home. :sweating_buckets:

No, two, but they shut them both down (for only the second time - the first time was a scheduled maintenance in the first year we were here). When I got back, the wife asked if it was raining - it wasn't, but I was soaked!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Russians are here! Practicing a routine for their KTV gig in front of our home.

Apparently the company that brings them here has an apt. in our complex that they have them stay in. We've seen others, mostly Eastern Europeans from their accents.

gallery_1846_744_154970.jpg

• Like 2

In China, steaks are cooked to your choice of "70%", or "100%". In our experience, the 70% is roughly "Blue Rare" on this chart, while 100% is cooked slightly more than medium well.
cook-a-steak-blue-rare-medium-welldone.j

. . . or cook it yourself (a new Australian steak house down the street)

gallery_1846_744_460767.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Pollution cannon seen around Yulin. These things generate RAIN over a fairly wide area, which, of course, will wash SOME PM2.5 particles out of the air. I'm not sure how effective that actually is, though

Randy, I have thought about these things ever since they started using them. I think that it is more propaganda than anything else. See what your government is doing for you kind of thing. I am sure that it takes a minuscule amount of PM 2.5 out of the air where they are spraying but if they took an significant amount of PM 2.5 out of the air the streets would be covered with several feet of sludge considering the thousands of tons released by the sources that emit them every day.

Great pictures. Keep 'em coming.

The "It's a Small World, After All" street-sweeping trucks DO produce a SMALL amount of sludge in the gutters along the road, most of which just washes away. They usually come around once (sometimes more) a day when it's not raining.

But, yes - I think they'd be hard pressed to claim a measurable dent in actual pollution levels.

You get a thin layer of pollution which clings tenaciously to everything.

This is the sludge the rain washes out of the sky, which is then washed to the side of the road by the street sprayers. One of their new ones uses "Happy Birthday!" for its siren.

gallery_1846_744_532950.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...