Photo

Rumor Control: "New" US Citizens to lose local China ID cards.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yuehan123

yuehan123

S-3 Member

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

You know- somebody said,

Starting next year (2013) Chinese born naturalized US Citizens will have their local ID cards confiscted based on an "new" system linking Chinese or US Passports to local IDs.

This is just a really bad rumor, right?

#2 dnoblett

dnoblett

Yu and Dan Together At last

• Admin
  • 16,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Actually quite conceivable. First trip back to China will require a visa in US passport, they will see that they are a new citizen just by the birth location noted in US passport, it is required to send in old Chinese passport when applying for the visa they then invalidate Chinese passport and the national ID number is clearly noted in the Chinese passport.

#3 warpedbored

warpedbored

woodworker

• Admin
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

So far my wife has avoided this. She did have to send her passport in with Chinese passport when she got her first visa 3 years ago. When she got her second visa about 10 months ago she didn't have to send in her Chinese passport.

#4 yuehan123

yuehan123

S-3 Member

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Yep, so far...........

We also have avoided the issue. So far. I had hoped to find out if this had any ring of truth to it or, is this another case of ridiculous rumour mongering arising out of 002 or just somebodys' own paranoia.

Of course the deal, if it's to be any kind of deal, big or small, is how will it affect our Chinese born US Citzen wives who are ID based property owners if the local ID is 'suddenly' confiscated.

Of course, the person who told my wife about this could not, and did not provide any reference whatsoever except to say, "Oh, I know it's true, it's been a law for years. It's on all the web sites."

#5 Randy W

Randy W

֣ resident

• Admin
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yep, so far...........

We also have avoided the issue. So far. I had hoped to find out if this had any ring of truth to it or, is this another case of ridiculous rumour mongering arising out of 002 or just somebodys' own paranoia.

Of course the deal, if it's to be any kind of deal, big or small, is how will it affect our Chinese born US Citzen wives who are ID based property owners if the local ID is 'suddenly' confiscated.

Of course, the person who told my wife about this could not, and did not provide any reference whatsoever except to say, "Oh, I know it's true, it's been a law for years. It's on all the web sites."

You lose the ID, not the property. In general, someone who OWNS property is allowed to KEEP it - the restrictions are on sales, not on previously existing ownership.
  • dnoblett likes this

#6 griz326

griz326

Safe Harbor member

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Gotta tell my girls so they can investigate and had an informed decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users