Do you need to show financial standings for the I-751

Hi all, for the I-751 will they require proof of financial viability. I understand that we will need to submit our tax returns, but will we also need to submit recent pay stubs and multiple months of bank statements? I mean do you need to prove you are above the poverty levels again, such as in the original visa petition?

Also do you know if applying for any kind of federal aid/health programs will have any effect on the application. Thanks!

The I 751 is mostly about proving it is still a valid marriage. Things like joint bank accounts, mortgage or rental agreement in both names, mail received at the same address, credit cards in both names, statements from friends etc etc. For instance I showed bank statements from when we were first married along with ones current when we filed,

• Like 1

You are not filing another affidavit of support so paystubs and employer letter are not needed, sponsor finances are not being checked.

You are proving are still married and living together.

Great! Thanks for replying back Warped and Dnoblett. Another quick question, off-topic, about visitor visas. Do you know what is the longest a person can stay on a vistior visa? My wife is pregnant and we would like to apply to have her mother come over and help out with the baby. We should apply for the B-2 Visa correct? I've heard stories that it's best to have the visitors come for a short time and then return for a longer second trip. Ideally though we would love her mom to come for 6 months to a year for her first trip to save on time/costs. Is this possible and would it jeopardize her getting a visa a second time if we applied to extend her stay once she's here?

-George

The Visit Visa topic specified 4-6 month visit. The POE officer can set length of stay, simply tell the officer reason of visit, and desired time, and more than likely would set expiration on the I-94 card to up 6 months, not sure if they will do more than 6 months.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8469-visitors-visa/

If more time is required after arrival you can file an I-539 to extend stay.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-539

Great! Thanks for replying back Warped and Dnoblett. Another quick question, off-topic, about visitor visas. Do you know what is the longest a person can stay on a vistior visa? My wife is pregnant and we would like to apply to have her mother come over and help out with the baby. We should apply for the B-2 Visa correct? I've heard stories that it's best to have the visitors come for a short time and then return for a longer second trip. Ideally though we would love her mom to come for 6 months to a year for her first trip to save on time/costs. Is this possible and would it jeopardize her getting a visa a second time if we applied to extend her stay once she's here?

-George

The time allocated will usually be the six months. I had heard that also about not extending the first trip (from a Chinese friend who had brought her parents over), but it may no longer be the case. I would weigh the factors and go with your comfort level - go ahead and extend the trip if that fits your plans better.