New Moderator

We've asked Randy to join the moderating team. His knowledge of the visa process and experience of living in China makes him a great asset to our group. Besides, living in China he can handle the graveyard shift.

Please give him your congratulations or condolences.

We've asked Randy to join the moderating team. His knowledge of the visa process and experience of living in China makes him a great asset to our group. Besides, living in China he can handle the graveyard shift.

Please give him your congratulations or condolences.

Oh no. Not Randy!! :Dah:

Just kidding, of course. It's about time. Truly, a good choice and about time too.

• Like 1

A word about myself: My wife came to the U.S. in Dec., 2005 on a K-1. Our AOS application took over three years to adjudicate (which got her a ten year card). When I was laid off from my job in July, 2009, we decided to take the leap and move to her hometown of Yulin, Guangxi, about 120 km directly east of Nanning. I taught at the University for a year, but decided I wasn't up to keeping a roomful of people entertained for an hour and a half at a time. Now we just travel (a little), help raise the grandson, and watch the plants grow. The eastern part of Guangxi has some very pretty, out of the way places to visit, including Hezhou, Wuzhou, Guiping, Luchuan, Gao Shan Chun, and Liuzhou.

I am also a moderator at www.chinafamilyvisa.com, which some of us old-timers still like to hang out at.

The wife and grandson

gallery_1846_629_167803.jpg

Life is good

gallery_1846_629_2309.jpg

He didn't care much for the dark beer, but likes Liquan

gallery_1846_629_372640.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hell, Randy, I thought you already WERE a moderator here at the Candle, since your posts always reflect both reserve --- and authority, based more on facts than opinion. And yes, we both know we disagree from time to time. But Carl, this is definitely a step in the right direction --- more 'boots on the ground' -- in China.

Congrats, I always considered Randy to be a fine candidate for Mod, and it became the consensus of the other mods, that he be given this ability.

Now he can move topics around, delete, and make corrections to posts, as well as spank those who are getting out of line, though I and the other mods have not had to spank anyone in quite some time now.

Easy moderating when everyone behaves. :victory: