Todays first steps

New questions folks.

Years ago back in 06 when hong and i went down this road.
We filed together the I-130 and the I-129f.
The horse race ended with a I-129f blue slip But ended up with a I-130 PINK (See my time line)

In order to help my sister in-law i have a few questions.
They will marry in China (Chongqing)

1) Can they file the I-130 ONLY and forget the I-129F?
2) What has changed from then to now?
3) Is the process any quicker/faster than before (Timeline)
4) Not a question but with the new forum lay out i can't find any old info like i did back in 06

Mike

1) Yes, Filing I-129F after I-130 was for the optional K-3 visa, it's function was to allow an immigrant to enter the USA and wait for I-130 approval which back then was taking upward of 1 to 2 years to process. This has changed since then, USCIS ties the two together and approve at same time, then send together to NVC where NVC closes the I-129F(K-3) and proceeds on with the I-130 (CR-1 or IR-1) visa case. Since the I-130 is approved BEFORE the K-3 can be issues the whole reason for the K-3 (Waiting for I-130 approval) does not exist so they close the K-3.

So Yes forget filing the I-129F it only slows things down while USCIS matches up the two petitions.

2) Electronic processing at NVC SEE: http://candleforlove...g-for-i-130cr1/

3) Quicker now 6-7 months processing at USCIS, 2-3 months at NVC, and 1 month at consulate.

4) Do advance search (Set a start and end date) the default tends to go back only a year or so. Also use google search term: Site:http://candleforlove.com (What you are looking for)

Thanks Dan, So let me get this right.

The K3 Is now out the door and is no longer needed.

Just file the CR1 ( I-130)

9-11 months is a bit faster.

When Hong started this process back in 06 it took 366 days from start to interview day only to get BLUE and another 90 days to get PINK on CR1

Total from start to pink = 456 days back in 06

Mike

Hey Mike what's up? Yes it is much faster with the electronic filing for the NVC. Still there is no guarantee how quick the USCIS will process the P2 though. It was 3 months in my step son's case. The I130 usually times with the I 129 so really no need for the k3.

It's light years better now than before so this is the route to take. So what city will they be living in when they get here?

Hey Mike what's up? Yes it is much faster with the electronic filing for the NVC. Still there is no guarantee how quick the USCIS will process the P2 though. It was 3 months in my step son's case. The I130 usually times with the I 129 so really no need for the k3.

It's light years better now than before so this is the route to take. So what city will they be living in when they get here?

Hey Charles, Whats up buddy?

Hong and i are doing fine.

Living the dream.

Go to hear that things are faster than before.

They just stick with the I130

Believe it or not and luck would have it they will be living just 5 miles down the road from

hong and i here in Ohio

How that happened? God only knows.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)