Received NOA, What Next?

Nerves are setting in. To prove domicile is my paid personal property taxes and tax returns with my home address enough? I don't have much mail sent to this address any longer since I have been in China. All my bills are setup to be paid electronically.

Evidence is what it is - the question is, what evidence do you have and can readily gather? SUBMIT IT. Yes, even electronic accounts have addresses associated with them which can be printed.

A little creativity helps when the evidence is sparse.

I put the wife on the plane for Guangzhou today. She and my step daughter are getting their physicals tomorrow. I will be following on Tuesday afternoon and will make sure all the paperwork is ready to go for document intake on Wednesday. Any last minute things I should look over? The wife took the documents and I also sent all the originals including stuff that we turned in for the I-130. My backpack weighed about 30 lbs. I thought my stepdaughter was going to topple over backwards when she tried to put it on...lol

Also the wife is extremely nervous because here English isn't too good. I think she doesn't have anything to worry about because we can communicate just fine. I'm hoping she doesn't freeze up when it's interview time.

I put the wife on the plane for Guangzhou today. She and my step daughter are getting their physicals tomorrow. I will be following on Tuesday afternoon and will make sure all the paperwork is ready to go for document intake on Wednesday. Any last minute things I should look over? The wife took the documents and I also sent all the originals including stuff that we turned in for the I-130. My backpack weighed about 30 lbs. I thought my stepdaughter was going to topple over backwards when she tried to put it on...lol

Also the wife is extremely nervous because here English isn't too good. I think she doesn't have anything to worry about because we can communicate just fine. I'm hoping she doesn't freeze up when it's interview time.

Hi guys, goodluck...I am staying at Westin nearby the consulate, let me know if you guys wanna meet after a successful interview...

Let me be the first to congratulate ya, you see DCF is the way to go.

Anyway the next paperwork pain comes about 2 years after arriving in the USA on the visas to remove conditions.

Once in the states, give it 3-4 weeks and then apply for SSN if they dont arrive in the mail.

Also note: Visa+Passport will serve as a green-card until an actual card shows in the mail, nothing needs to be done to get the cards, give that a month or so after arriving in the states.

Let me be the first to congratulate ya, you see DCF is the way to go.

Anyway the next paperwork pain comes about 2 years after arriving in the USA on the visas to remove conditions.

Once in the states, give it 3-4 weeks and then apply for SSN if they dont arrive in the mail.

Also note: Visa+Passport will serve as a green-card until an actual card shows in the mail, nothing needs to be done to get the cards, give that a month or so after arriving in the states.

There's a fee for that now that they need to pay, if they haven't already.

New USCIS Immigrant Fees - USCIS Immigrant Fee, effective Feb. 1, 2013

Implementation of New USCIS Immigrant Fee Feb. 1

'USCIS' said

The immigrant fee will cover the cost of USCIS staff time to handle, file and maintain the immigrant visa package, and the cost of producing and delivering the permanent resident card.

. . .

In order to simplify and centralize the payment process, applicants will pay online through the USCIS website after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States. DOS will provide applicants with specific information on how to submit payment when they attend their consular interview. The new fee is in addition to fees charged by DOS associated with an individual’s immigrant visa application.

You can even pay AFTER they arrive in the U.S. - but green card production won't start until it's paid.

I think the date, though, is for when you get the visa. That's when they give you the instructions on how to pay it.

Visas approved all went well. Thanks so much for all the help. The near endless seas of paperwork has come to an end. At least for now. We are a very happy family right now. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Congrats guys, if u wanna get together pls message me to celebrate....seems like an all approval thread lately here in Candle....well done to all the help and guidelines. Thank you guys....