More questions about Spouse Visa

... is there some type of Paypal page/account to make a donation to CFL? :)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45320-site-software-costs/

Actually you will find it on the forums main page in the right hand column, just under the tag-cloud.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/

• 2 months later...

Is rare for USCIS to interview a petitioner in the states, is there something questionable in your background?

Normally the process is:

1. File petition
  2. USCIS approves it, no interview
  3. USCIS sends to NVC
  4. NVC requests documents and affidavit of support
  5. NVC sends to consulate
  6. Consulate sets appointment
  7. Beneficiary does a medical
  8. Beneficiary interviews for visa
  9. Consulate issues visa.

FYI, the interview went great! THe officer was very friendly throughout and said we were just "chosen for random check/interview" or something along those lines. Our application was forwarded to NCS.

Also, nothing in my background that's questionsable (or feel is questionable).

Thanks again.

Edited by jae123 (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...

Hello, so I've filed the I-864 with my father as joint sponsor, and recently received an email from NVC stating that they need a I-864 from myself. I did not realize that I needed to file one since my father is the main sponsor? Since I was living outside the US before grad school, and have been in grad school for the past year and a half, should I submit information with proof of my grad school assistantship? This seems to be the trickiest part of the app process ...

Thanks a lot again.

Hello, so I've filed the I-864 with my father as joint sponsor, and recently received an email from NVC stating that they need a I-864 from myself. I did not realize that I needed to file one since my father is the main sponsor? Since I was living outside the US before grad school, and have been in grad school for the past year and a half, should I submit information with proof of my grad school assistantship? This seems to be the trickiest part of the app process ...

Thanks a lot again.

Yes, you filed the visa petition I-130 so YOU must be primary sponsor for the immigrant, a joint sponsor only comes into play if primary sponsor is financially unable to fully sponsor an immigrant, however the primary sponsor you still need to provide an affidavit of support.

Thanks again. For the 2012 tax returns, I did not file since I was out of the country half of the year and made below $5,000. The second part of the year, I received my assistantship. So, I'm getting in touch with an accountant who will hopefully help...

If your income while out of the country plus your graduate school assistanceship income totals to above a taxable level of income, you MAY be required to file, even if your income tax came to $0. The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion DOES NOT APPLY if you did not file. Be careful about claiming income to the Consulate that you did not report to the IRS.

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone again. Last week I submitted my $220 payment, I believe the final thing requested from the NVC, and am now just waiting for the interview at the consulate in China (for my wife). I was wondering if anyone might know how long it usually takes from this point (everything submitted) until the interview? Thanks a lot...

Thanks everyone again. Last week I submitted my $220 payment, I believe the final thing requested from the NVC, and am now just waiting for the interview at the consulate in China (for my wife). I was wondering if anyone might know how long it usually takes from this point (everything submitted) until the interview? Thanks a lot...

You pay a $230 fee to NVC, or did you pay this to a CITIC bank location in China? Is your case DCF petition filed in Guangzhou or Beijing, or did you file petition to USCIS in the USA?

Timings and procedures are different depending on DCF or state side petition filing.

I paid it to NVC, and through USCIS in the US... thank

Did you Opt into eProcessing and have you scanned and sent documents to NVC yet? Typically NVC sends case to Guangzhou fairly shortly after that.

This topic gives some details as to how eProcessing is handled. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/40925-change-in-how-nvc-handles-k-3-petitions/

Hi, I'm in eProcessing and submitted the DS-260 recently. I recently emailed the supporting documentation/civil documents for the DS-260 to the NVC. I was a bit confused though, since I initially submitted all of the required documents to USCIS. I suppose I have to submit them again to the NVC? Thanks..!