Expiration Dates on Interview Required Materials

The bank balance is used in cases where you have low income and are using the bank account as an asset to make up for the short income. Asset = 1/3 income, so if your income is 1000 below the 125% poverty line, then need to show 3000 in assets to make up for the shortfall.

My income was well above, so I did not bother listing any bank balances, doing so would require attaching a bank statement proving that number.

And NO they are not looking for how you will pay for air tickets.. Perhaps you will pay for that using a credit card and be paying that off over time later.

I have the required income as well as the banking statements. Should I include that line?

Although I agree with Dan that it MAY not make any difference, I tend to think that telling the truth and filling in the blanks is an over-riding factor

The "required income" in some cases has been found to not be enough. Your $500 is unlikely to tip anyone's balance - use your own judgement as to whether to include your checking balance.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I have good enough judgment on whether or not to include the real "savings" amount or my checking deposit.

Which should I do? It is better to just put the lower amount? My instinct is telling me to go to with the $500 checking or w/e it is atm, instead of my checking.

But I also realize my experience consists of nothing on this matter and that I know my attorney is experienced... I make 52k a year, more than a few times above the required level. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if I have good enough judgment on whether or not to include the real "savings" amount or my checking deposit.

Which should I do? It is better to just put the lower amount? My instinct is telling me to go to with the $500 checking or w/e it is atm, instead of my checking.

But I also realize my experience consists of nothing on this matter and that I know my attorney is experienced... I make 52k a year, more than a few times above the required level. What do you guys think?

If you're going with the attorney, go with the attorney, unless he's leaving it to you to fill out your own paperwork.

Some ballpark figures that I invented - I figure that below $50K, you're looking at some extra scrutiny. Above $100K, you've probably got yourself a visa if everything else is in order. Between $50K and $100K, they may or may not be concerned.

My income at the time was 50K, so did not bother listing assets, and yes my checking balance was similar, that account fluctuates when paying bills, too many income and expense transactions on the statements for them to ask questions about, no need for my fiancee to have to answer questions about transactions on that bank statement.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Fire your lawyer. It seems like you are doing all the work anyway.

"Looking for how you will pay for airline tickets" Are you kidding.... lol

Combined all your savings amounts with statements to back it up. Does not matter if checking or savings. I think that is what your asking.