Consistent Problem Posting on Candle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory be, snap my spenders, n' slap me silly...the Mick is back!!!!!!

Hi Mick, my name is tsap seui, I am a drug a dick, n' a alcoholic...keep comin' back, yaheah

tsap seui

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Still having posting problems, but have found a way to circumvent at least some of the time. When I try posting to a thread, I still just get the little green thingie running a short time and then nothing happens. What I do now is copy my post, hit the "back" button, then try again with the original post pasted in. About half the time, this will work. If it doesn't work, I sign out, sign back in, paste post a second time, and then it might work. Weird, indeed.

• 1 month later...

Just to report - I am still unable to post consistently as I used to. What occurs is that I write the reply and click on post. It runs the green thingie and then stops. I copy the post, hit the back button, and then open the thread and paste in the reply. I hit post and it works on the second time around. This morning, however, I wrote a reply to the "Nam Nut Scribblin'" thread and it posted just fine on the second attempt. However, I noticed an error in my typing and went to edit it - that's when the fun started. I could edit, but no matter what, it would not post the edited copy. I eventually deleted the reply and will write it up again later. I have had every kind of test run on my machine, but no one can find the problem.

Which browser are you using?

Internet explorer

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

I can very well be a bug in the browser, or even a plug-in added to the browser.

What version of flash player do you have installed, this plugin is always giving me issues slowing down the browser.

Firewall programs? Anti-Virus programs? These programs tend to intercept packets going to and from and then pass on if nothing detected, sometimes they can cause time-outs.

Dan, I use Internet Explorer and have experimented with Firefox. Same result. I use whatever the latest Flash player update is and we have the latest Norton antivirus on the machine. I had one of my buddies that is a big wig Systems Analyst with NASA give it the once over a couple times and all he could say was, "Damnedest thing I ever saw." Nothing seemed to work. Last time I heard that was back in the 80's when a '78 Gremlin I bought new (don't laugh) developed a slight miss. No mechanic could ever figure out what caused it and when I sold the car with 310,000 miles on it in 1994, it still had the miss but ran like a top. It was an AMC Straight Six and the most reliable engine I ever owned.

As for me, I am lucky I can even tie my shoes I am such a techno-dolt. Li is the computer whiz in this house. Even Salina can fix things I can't.

• 3 months later...

I tried again to post a new topic, but it still will not post. The page refreshes and I get the red band at the top which reads, "You must enter a post." I used Firefox. I tried Google Chrome with the same result. I tried MSIE 9 which would not let me paste a jpeg, but it would let me post the text only.