Consistent Problem Posting on Candle

Just wanted to let you know about a problem I have been having for about ten days to two weeks. At first I thought it was some issue with my computer, but this is the only site where this problem is occuring. About seventy percent of the time I try to reply in a thread, the reply won't "take." All I get is the little green loading thingie and it just keeps running, but never enters the post. If I use the "quote" button, it fails 100 percent of the time. I have thoroughly checked my machine and there are no virus issues or other functional problems. Like I said, Candle seems to be the only place this problem is occuring. Any ideas? (I hope this posts)......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let you know about a problem I have been having for about ten days to two weeks. At first I thought it was some issue with my computer, but this is the only site where this problem is occuring. About seventy percent of the time I try to reply in a thread, the reply won't "take." All I get is the little green loading thingie and it just keeps running, but never enters the post. If I use the "quote" button, it fails 100 percent of the time. I have thoroughly checked my machine and there are no virus issues or other functional problems. Like I said, Candle seems to be the only place this problem is occuring. Any ideas? (I hope this posts)......

Has not been happening to me, I tend to use Firefox, on Mac and PC and the default browser on my android.

Sometimes ISP can be the cause of issues.

Of course it NEVER happens to me, either, but if it does happen to YOU again - highlight (select) the text and hit 'CTRL C' to copy. Then you can try again and just hit 'CTRL V' to paste the text into a new post. Try refresh and/or back page to see if it can recover.

There's a glitch in the board software such that a post by a member whose name includes a capital 'M' can be left dangling with no time-out.

Doesn't happen to the rest of us.

No problem here Mick, I just have whatever is in my computer for a browser....did have the same problem in China last year about this same time. I finally took a leak on the connection coming out the wall, out of desperation, plugged it back into the computer and it bloody well worked, mate.

tsap seui

Your friendly computer repair technician

Thanks for the input guys. Randy, I have used that tactic of cut and paste. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. So far, I am still unable to get a post to take when I hit the quote button. The little green thingie just runs forever. I think my browser is Internet Explorer 9. :blink: Were you kidding about the capital "M" glitch?

Thanks for the input guys. Randy, I have used that tactic of cut and paste. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. So far, I am still unable to get a post to take when I hit the quote button. The little green thingie just runs forever. I think my browser is Internet Explorer 9. :blink: Were you kidding about the capital "M" glitch?

Well, it only does it for you, right ??!? This is a quoted post (Yes, just pullin' your leg)

Well, it only does it for you, right ??!? This is a quoted post (Yeah, just pullin' your leg)

and a double quote - had to hit 'Refresh' to get the last one to show up

Well, it only does it for you, right ??!? This is a quoted post (Yes, just pullin' your leg)

Once you 'Cut' your post, though, you should be able to save it to Notepad, and then paste it back in from there.

Yes, I've seen that timing glitch in the IPB software - it just displays the green boxes at the top, and says "Saving post" but never does.

Nope, never happens to me. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/whistle.gif

Of course it NEVER happens to me, either, but if it does happen to YOU again - highlight (select) the text and hit 'CTRL C' to copy. Then you can try again and just hit 'CTRL V' to paste the text into a new post. Try refresh and/or back page to see if it can recover.

There's a glitch in the board software such that a post by a member whose name includes a capital 'M' can be left dangling with no time-out.

Doesn't happen to the rest of us.

happens to me..... :sweating_buckets:

i use IE9 on windows7 and no problems. did you try posting using a different pc in a different location? go to a friend's house or public library to see if it produce the same problem. if not, its likey your pc is having problem. good luck.