recommended hotel near the us embassy in Guangzhou?

seafood10

i remember reading somewhere on this forum that there is a hotel near the us embassy in guangzhou...like across the street. the hotel even have some staffs that coach you love ones before the interview. the staffs work with marc ellis the immigration lawyer in guangzhou. does any1 know the name of this hotel? contact number to this hotel or link to the website of the hotel would be great. thanks in advance.

Sub forum of P-3 consulate process forum..

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-gz-info/

The one pinned at the very top of the forum "TianYu Garden" is the Wang's appartments, they provide decent place to stay, and do provide some help with things like getting to medical, organizing papers, and some advice about interview.

Just a word of advice, while the yang's are great advice and I've heard they provide support before the interview, imagine all the couples that have slept in those beds after months if not years of being apart. You can use your imagination here. I don't think they are affiliated with Marc Ellis though.

We opted to stay in a holiday inn and I was not happy with the quality of the room there (Had a t.v from the 90's) We moved into a hotel chain that was fairly cheap. You can go on www.ctrip.com and scout some hotels near the consulate. The subway system is very convenient, and It drops you of near the consulate. Taxi's are fairly cheap there as well, $2-$3 for us when I took them from our hotel.

Good Luck!

My wife and I stayed i believe it was Yangs "TianYu Garden". We stayed there about 3 years ago,....apartments were next to the consulate .The people were very nice,the rooms were good(they have different types of rooms ) we rented a 2 bedroom,because our daughter came with us,but i did see they had rooms the size of a closet,i guess if you're really on a budget...LOL....but yeah it is a good place to stay.....they do change the sheets LOL.....someone made a comment about...."imagine all the couples that slept in those beds after months of seperation"....if thats your concern,bring your own bed LOL,....people do have fun in hotel beds no matter what hotel you go to......anyway,it was 3 years ago,but i would recommend Yangs place.

Yuan and I recently stayed at the Yang's apartments. The back exit was about 100 yards from the consulate. The room was clean, and there was a clothes washer and dryer in the room. There was fere wifi and they did look over the forms and helped organize them in the order that the Chinese intake personal prefer. There are several hotels very close to the consulate the Westin was extremely overpriced. There was one next door to the IKEA that was very resonable, I forget the name a couple that Yuan and I meet stayed there, I think 300-400RMB a night. If you are doing the medical in GUZ get there very early it was a mad house by 8:00am.

I'd feel comfotable recommending the Yangs. they were a great help to Jingjing and I

I just posted about my trip to GUZ here

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44694-dcf-guz-description-and-pics/

I stayed at Yang's, and it was not spectacular by any stretch, but it was fine. You can read more about the specifics in that post, but I'd say that especially for my first time in the city, it was nice to not have to worry about finding my way to the consulate. If I go back again, e.g. for my wife's interview, I don't think we'll necessarily stay there, now that i'm somewhat familiar with my way around. On the other hand, they do know a lot about the process and help a lot of people with their questions and concerns -- both about the visa process and whatever else. I asked him where I could put money on my phone, and he just did it for me. I even saw him booking a plane ticket for somebody. But the place itself was small and dingy (and somewhat expensive -- at least in Chinese terms -- if, like me, you don't mind small, dingy places, but would prefer something cheaper). But you're not paying for five-star quality here, you're paying for it literally being in the same complex as the consulate, just around the corner.

I will say that there are other cheap hotels in the area, but I didn't check any of them out personally. Some you can find online, and given the convenience of the subway system, you might not even need to be really close to the consulate. There are also a couple of places advertising cheap rates (like around 88 RMB per night, if I remember right) right in the same block or two as Yang's, but they might not have websites or anything, and again, I didn't see what they were like on the inside. But you could probably just go there and walk around seeing if they have rooms available, if you're that backpacky kind of traveler. Which is maybe what I'll do next time, although like I said i don't regret staying at Yang's this first time. And, who knows, next time there'll be more to do, what with the medical and everything; maybe we'll have more questions and we'll decide it's worth it to stay at Yang's again.

I do have to admit, the room we stayed in was not great at all, it was a place to flop and near consulate, I had no issues with the price either, and having someone knowing the process and is helpful is a big plus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Leeden Hotel. We're staying here now. It's only 2 blocks from the consulate and it's really nice. The room is very clean and modern. We got a good deal on ctrip for only ~550 a night and even had a package sent to us and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Definitely worth considering.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Leeden Hotel. We're staying here now. It's only 2 blocks from the consulate and it's really nice. The room is very clean and modern. We got a good deal on ctrip for only ~550 a night and even had a package sent to us and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Definitely worth considering.

Note this thread is from 2012 before the consulate moved to their new location so it is a bit out of date.

Also the Yangs have apartments near the new consulate, so that part of this thread is still valid.