Hello from Florida! Help me out!!!

I think these guys will do fine and it's cool to see the young love....kinda gives me some memories of my first wife even, what with the innocent hope and dreams, etc.

Coming from a guy who waited 5 years for an approval... any prediction that they will be fine is probably a good bet :gleam:

If they beat you by at least 6 months, we'll throw them a party... :happydance:

I think these guys will do fine and it's cool to see the young love....kinda gives me some memories of my first wife even, what with the innocent hope and dreams, etc.

Coming from a guy who waited 5 years for an approval... any prediction that they will be fine is probably a good bet :gleam:

If they beat you by at least 6 months, we'll throw them a party... :happydance:

I don't care who you are....THAT is funny!!!

Does anybody have any tips, or hints as how to keep organized through this?

At the end of every month I step back and pull/download, and archive our

Emails

Facebook chats

Iphone texts

Skype call logs

Facebook profile pages

Print out finances that reflect expenses attributing (bank statements, receipts)

Any applicable travel itineraries

Mail

Maybe I am just over worrying but I still feel as if I'm lacking an organizational side to this...... any tips?

I

Does anybody have any tips, or hints as how to keep organized through this?

At the end of every month I step back and pull/download, and archive our

Emails

Facebook chats

Iphone texts

Skype call logs

Facebook profile pages

Print out finances that reflect expenses attributing (bank statements, receipts)

Any applicable travel itineraries

Mail

Maybe I am just over worrying but I still feel as if I'm lacking an organizational side to this...... any tips?

I

File box.

As for financials, if your income is sufficient, then bank statements not needed, just keep collecting the pay stubs so you have 6 months of them prior to visa interview. Expenses are not a concern only income.

Email log,Chat logs, and Skype logs are good, and just a couple sample emails per month is all that is needed, save a few trees, save as PDF files. ( On PC use a tool like Primo-PDF, or on a Mac this is built in.) http://www.primopdf.com/ You can then print out select items later when making a petition submission, as well later for interview.

Yes keep travel documents, and any snail mail like cards, and written letters.

Get photos together in various different places when visiting, especially get some of you with her family.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another question.

For a while we heavily used Facebook to communicate. Many of you know that Facebook is blocked in much of China. She is a big technology enthusiast, and so has used VPNs to access many blocked websites including youtube, Hulu, etc.

My concern is, we will use Facebook as part of our proof of Bona Fide relationship. Even though it is an American consulate, do you think they will care that she has used VPNs to access parts of the web that are otherwise off limits? I mean I don't want her getting into any trouble...

We lately have been using Ipod messenger, Yahoo mail, Skype, Face time, as well as hand written postage, all of which are not blocked. Facebook was mostly in the early parts of communication.

Edited by Bparks777 (see edit history)

Just another question.

For a while we heavily used Facebook to communicate. Many of you know that Facebook is blocked in much of China. She is a big technology enthusiast, and so has used VPNs to access many blocked websites including youtube, Hulu, etc.

My concern is, we will use Facebook as part of our proof of Bona Fide relationship. Even though it is an American consulate, do you think they will care that she has used VPNs to access parts of the web that are otherwise off limits? I mean I don't want her getting into any trouble...

We lately have been using Ipod messenger, Yahoo mail, Skype, Face time, as well as hand written postage, all of which are not blocked. Facebook was mostly in the early parts of communication.

No - of course not.

Just another question.

The consulate is well aware that many in China use tunnels to access the rest of the internet including facebook. The US Embassy in Beijing manintains a FB page: http://www.facebook....111930912190742 http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/07222010u.html

Examples of other China based FB pages.

http://www.facebook.com/ChinaHighlights

I have many FB Frineds in China.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My concern is, we will use Facebook as part of our proof of Bona Fide relationship. Even though it is an American consulate, do you think they will care that she has used VPNs to access parts of the web that are otherwise off limits? I mean I don't want her getting into any trouble....

As others have told you, they (the Consulate) will not care.

• 2 months later...