Living in China and Confused

You can sign all documents, the only doc that will be signed in front of a visa officer will be the DS-230 page 4 by your spouse at the time of visa interview.

I-864 for each immigrant will be turned in at the visa interview, and yes you will need to provide one, you will be required to be your spouse and step child's primary sponsor, and this requires I-864. If living in China you will be required to provide evidence that you did not give up US domicile. Also in many cases you will be required to get a joint sponsor, if income wont continue after leaving China, and you have insufficient assets.

A signature is a person's mark, she can sign forms however she feels accustom to signing.

Non-Roman means Chinese Characters, and Roman = Pinyin in China.

I think I have everything together and I'm looking for a hotel close to the consulate in Guangzhou. I'm not sure what area to look in. Last time I was there I was pretty far away.

Contact the Yangs, you can rent an apartment in the same complex as the consulate.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41830-rooms-for-rent-in-tianyu-building-us-consulate-complex/page__view__findpost__p__580489

Someone did post some pictures recently - these aren't those, but may be helpful

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_116/gallery_4_116_297228.jpg

This is old, but still up to date, except for the new document intake area, which is on the far left (the leftmost 4 or 5 windows)

http://usa.bbs.net/interview/interview_ML/Interview_ML.htm

Went to the consulate today. Everything went well. Was taken aback by two requests from the lady that took the paper work. She not only wanted to see the passports, but the marriage books and my wife's original divorce decrees. The marriage books weren't an issue since I had the wife bring them along on a whim. Her original divorce paperwork though is back home.

She seemed satisfied with the passports and marriage books.

Other than that little scare everything else went just fine. Thanks to everyone for your help and I guess I'll be using another forum for when our packages arrive and I have loads of I-864 questions...lol

Thanks So Much

Bubba.

Went to the consulate today. Everything went well. Was taken aback by two requests from the lady that took the paper work. She not only wanted to see the passports, but the marriage books and my wife's original divorce decrees. The marriage books weren't an issue since I had the wife bring them along on a whim. Her original divorce paperwork though is back home.

She seemed satisfied with the passports and marriage books.

Other than that little scare everything else went just fine. Thanks to everyone for your help and I guess I'll be using another forum for when our packages arrive and I have loads of I-864 questions...lol

Thanks So Much

Bubba.

Best to have everything all original docs with you when going to the interview, leave nothing at home.

Yes, NEVER leave anything at home Bubba. When I arrived in China, a good month before my wife's interview, paperwork far outweighed anything else I had in my suitcases. And my carry-on was nothing but originals of everything and the whole 600+ page original application...LOL My suitcases held important stuff like a pass to the bathroom from a second grade teacher, the original spinning terlet seat from my first trip to Chiner, and copies of e-mails to the consulate...all unanswered, correspondence to various congressional laisons, and even my 3rd grade graduation certificate. The lil' wife had similar such assorted evidence wating in our home in Fushun. The only thing the VO asked to see at the interview was the spinning terlet seat....but it wouldn't fit through the small slot in her bulletproof glass wall...which I figger is to protect the innocent Chinese girls from the Americans on the other side.

Anyway, back to your case, you got a cheap lesson ol' boy, I know you both will be very prepared now. Just leave nothing to chance. Good luck. I've got a feeling yore gonna be a very happy man soon.

tsap seui

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter in the mail today that my Wife's notice of approval of immigrant visa petition. However there is a hang up with my stepdaughters due to the fact that she had her name changed and I was unaware of it before filing. My wife has the court order changing the name and we are going to have it translated.

So I guess we'd mail in this further documentation or do I have to take it into the consulate in Guangzhou again?

Happy one of the petitions was accepted, just have to get my step-daughter's paper work squared away.

Bubba