CCP - what is considered a "rank and file" position?

All. My fiancee is a CCP member because she teaches English at a university. She did a role called "faculty party branch secretary". She resigned months ago, but said that her role was to collect money and communicate to the others what the leaders wanted them all to do. She had now power or authority of any kind. In my mind, this was still a "rank and file" position since she had no power or authority. We didn't feel this was worth mentioning to the V.O. at the interview other than to say she was a member of the CCP. Any thoughts on this?

All. My fiancee is a CCP member because she teaches English at a university. She did a role called "faculty party branch secretary". She resigned months ago, but said that her role was to collect money and communicate to the others what the leaders wanted them all to do. She had now power or authority of any kind. In my mind, this was still a "rank and file" position since she had no power or authority. We didn't feel this was worth mentioning to the V.O. at the interview other than to say she was a member of the CCP. Any thoughts on this?

To put it simply - if she's asked "Was she a member of the Communist Party?" - the answer is "Yes".

Any other questions, answer truthfully. "No power or authority of any kind" would probably cover most anything they might ask.

After talking to her more, she said that her Director at the University told her that if she wanted to be promoted she must take the secretary role.....so she took the role but was never promoted. Since she was not promoted, she resigned from the position last year. But to your point, she had no power or authority at all. She only took the position because she was told she must take it in order to be promoted.