Call for Interview Date in China?

My fiancee was told by a bank that she can call Guangzhou for an interview date in China. Anyone did that already? It's a new way to get interview date? Philipines have that option already, I was told. Don't know if China has that option now.

wilfred

Bank is confusing a K1 with the B2, F etc....

Yes can call and schedule an interview for other Non-immigrant visa like B2, and F1, however as for K1 the consulate sets the date after they receive back packet 3 (OF-169, adn DS-230 part 1)

K-1:

Step 4

Upon receiving the completed Packet 3 forms, the Consulate will schedule an interview for the beneficiary. Interviews are typically scheduled for a date within 2 to 4 months of receipt of the forms.

http://guangzhou.use...n/iv_k1/k2.html

B-2, F-1, etc... (Other NON-Immigrant visas)

Step 2: Pay the non-immigrant visa application fee.

Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee at CITIC bank. After paying this fee, you will receive a receipt that must be included in the visa application and presented to the consular officer at the time of the interview. Please contact CITIC bank for questions regarding the payment procedure.

The application fee for all U.S. nonimmigrant visas that are not petition-based, including B1/B2 tourist and business visitor visas and all student and exchange visitor (F, M and J) visas, is $140 (RMB 910).

The application fee for all petition-based visas is $150 (RMB 975). This category includes: H (temporary worker or trainee), L (intra-company transferee), O (alien with extraordinary ability), P (athlete, artist or entertainer), Q (international cultural exchange visitors) and R (religious worker).

Please glue or tape the left side of the application fee bank receipt onto the bottom of DS-160 form confirmation page. Please click here for an example.

Step 3: Prepare the necessary documents.

All applicants are required to present:

• A passport with at least six months validity beyond the anticipated exit from the United States.
  • A completed DS-160 form.
  • One color photograph, less than 6 months old, against a white background, full frontal view, two square inches (51mm x 51mm) in size. Click for more information on photo requirements.
  • CITIC bank application fee receipt. Please click here for an example.
  • Complete EMS waybill. Click here for detailed instructions.
  • For specific visa category requirements, please refer to Visa Categories.

Step 4: Schedule an Interview.

Appointments are made through the Visa Information Call Center.* Applicants calling from inside Mainland China, please call 4008-872-333. Applicants outside of Mainland China, please call 86-21-3881-4611 to make an appointment for an interview.

http://guangzhou.use...procedures.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks dnoblett1

I read somewhere that one can call DOS to see if they scheduled and interview date for one's fiancee (K-1). The email gave a number 202-663-1225 (press 1 then 0) and I called it but it doesn't work. I am in the US.

Does anyone have a new number that we can call ?

Thanks.

wilfred

Thanks dnoblett1

I read somewhere that one can call DOS to see if they scheduled and interview date for one's fiancee (K-1). The email gave a number 202-663-1225 (press 1 then 0) and I called it but it doesn't work. I am in the US.

Thanks.

wilfred

As of Nov 14, it worked just fine

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44136-currently-how-long-would-it-take-from-nvc-to-guangzhou/page__view__findpost__p__581209

No answer? Wrong number? No information? What doesn't work?

Thanks dnoblett1

Thanks.

wilfred

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44136-currently-how-long-would-it-take-from-nvc-to-guangzhou/page__view__findpost__p__581209

Okay, I just tried it and it is a US telephone number. It's closed right now so I'll call Tues. I thought I was calling China. So they can tell me if they have a interview date for my fiancee in China ? My fiancee sent in P3 a week ago so soon , I understand, that she will get P4 telling her the interview date.

wilfred

Thanks dnoblett1

Thanks.

wilfred

Okay, I just tried it and it is a US telephone number. It's closed right now so I'll call Tues. I thought I was calling China. So they can tell me if they have a interview date for my fiancee in China ? My fiancee sent in P3 a week ago so soon , I understand, that she will get P4 telling her the interview date.

wilfred

They can tell you what they have in their computer. Information is updated periodically, but the DOS number is just more user friendly (and they won't make you feel like a pain in the rear for calling too often).

But scheduling of interview dates may be on more of a monthly cycle - be patient.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)