DCF filing confusion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we filed today.. and she gave me back all the statements we had collected except mine :huh: I'm kinda worried about it now since that was alot of our bonfide relationship proof T.T will they take them again later?

It is common that they don't accept a third party statement as proof for the I-130. I most often have heard of this in DCF where you meet the examiner rather than filing in the US where there is no face to face interaction. The reason they are not accepted is they are described as self-serving. If you think about it, your statement has value since it may clarify the other evidence. A statement by a third party is unlikely to add any verifiable information and ultimately the third party has no accountability to what he/she says. Even if it was notarized, is the gov't going to sue them for perjury assuming they could prove it? Again you have accountability to your statement since you are subject to USCIS/DOS interview and have a vested interest in obtaining the visa.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It likely won't have any bearing on the petition approval.

so we filed today.. and she gave me back all the statements we had collected except mine :huh: I'm kinda worried about it now since that was alot of our bonfide relationship proof T.T will they take them again later?

It is common that they don't accept a third party statement as proof for the I-130. I most often have heard of this in DCF where you meet the examiner rather than filing in the US where there is no face to face interaction. The reason they are not accepted is they are described as self-serving. If you think about it, your statement has value since it may clarify the other evidence. A statement by a third party is unlikely to add any verifiable information and ultimately the third party has no accountability to what he/she says. Even if it was notarized, is the gov't going to sue them for perjury assuming they could prove it? Again you have accountability to your statement since you are subject to USCIS/DOS interview and have a vested interest in obtaining the visa.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It likely won't have any bearing on the petition approval.

I've got to object to this thinking - EVERYTHING you submit is subject to possible fabrication, especially statements and pictures. Most of it is completely impossible to verify. YOU are, in effect, under oath that everything YOU submit is true and honest. It's the responsibility of the examiner and the Visa Officer to look at the OVERALL picture to determine if any fraud is being committed. Perjury is not an issue - FRAUD is (on the part of the petitioner and/or applicant).

Pictures and third party statements each provide relationship evidence - the notarization simply provides additional evidence that a third party made the statement.

I don't know why they would turn away relationship evidence of ANY kind, unless they felt you had more than enough. What you're saying may or may not be accurate - I'm NOT saying you're wrong. What I DO mean to say is that no one should be discouraged from submitting evidence they feel may help their case.

I would not worry much. I have yet to see a visa denied over bonafide relationship that was filed DCF.

In DCF case, couple have lived together as a bonafide married couple, and they know this.