DCF filing confusion

so based on my info.. would you say its naive for me to go to guangzhou and try to file? My residency permit says issued Feb. 2011 and is good until FEB 2012

They only issue they may make is with time in district, if you can show that you have been in the consulate district more than 6 months (The residency permit), they should accept this.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so based on my info.. would you say its naive for me to go to guangzhou and try to file? My residency permit says issued Feb. 2011 and is good until FEB 2012

They only issue they may make is with time in district, if you can show that you have been in the consulate district more than 6 months (The residency permit), they should accept this.

So the residency permit should be all I need to prove my residency? Or will they look at the stamps on my passport to see I made trips to the US :x

So the residency permit should be all I need to prove my residency? Or will they look at the stamps on my passport to see I made trips to the US :x

I submitted copies of my residency permits ( my current one and one expired one) and my work permit. The only thing from my passport was the information page. If you file in person (I didn't) they might look though your passport.

I think it comes down to this; on the G-325a it asks for your residence for the last five years.Was your residence in China for at least the past six months and you can fill out the form as such? On the I-130; we put down our address here in China for both of us.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Thing is, China is my residence. My main home. I live here most of the time.. the only reason i made the trips i made was because I get sick easily and was having problems getting the meds i needed. I get sick quite often in china sadly too.. i even have bronchitis as we speak T.T So thats my dilemma. But Yes,my residence has technically been China for the last 6 months

Thing is, China is my residence. My main home. I live here most of the time.. the only reason i made the trips i made was because I get sick easily and was having problems getting the meds i needed. I get sick quite often in china sadly too.. i even have bronchitis as we speak T.T So thats my dilemma. But Yes,my residence has technically been China for the last 6 months

The Guangzhou USCIS seems to have dropped language concerning actual six month residence.

Most drugstores carry a selection of antibiotics and other drugs, if you know what you need. We've found most things available locally - if not, try internationaldrugmart.com in India. I've ordered from them several times.

One more point about "residence" you should qualify to file due to having a residency permit.

However later when the interview happens, due to showing China as residence, they will require you to provide domicile evidence showing residency in China was a temporary condition, and that you maintained domicile in the USA, or in the process of re-obtaining domicile in the USA.

More on domicile:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42713-i-864-or-i-134-us-domicile-topic/page__view__findpost__p__566299

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41826-domicile-and-us-income-requirement/page__view__findpost__p__556343

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#3

When you go to Guangzhou there will be an American Citizen's Services department to your left and Visa Department to your right. You go to the right toward visas.

After getting through security, there will be a big area for non-immigration visas, a big area for immigration visas, and a little area for USCIS which is located at the far left of the immigration visa area.

There are two rooms labelled A and B and in between the two rooms is a sign that reads "USCIS". There are no stanchions or any other indications that this is where you should be. There are two rows of chairs, along the wall for room A and about 4 feet in front of the wall for room B. I hesitate to say it, but it seems that as so much in this process, you have to have a little faith!

On a side note, the 4th floor (maybe 3rd) is empty now and presumably the consulate will be expanding. I found myself thinking that the Consulate should hire Disney to design the waiting/reception area because after experiencing Guangzhou I can not understand why people still want to come to America!

They are open Friday's from 8:30 to 10:30 am. I do not know if they take everyone who is in line at 10:30 or at 10:30 everything shuts down and better luck next time, but I would not be surprised with either answer.

When you go there (I suggest you arrive a little prior to 8:30 to get in line), you will want to line up in front of room A since you are a US citizen.

After your paperwork is given to the clerk in room A (the clerk was the nicest, friendliest part of the entire process), you will be directed to a line in order to pay the $420. I believe it is #16, and it is around the corner and out of sight, however all the lines are numbered and I have confidence you can locate line #16 with relative ease. You pay and then bring the receipt back to room A (no waiting in line this time, just barge into the room with whomever is in there!) and give it to the clerk to add to your I130 application.

Incidentally, I went the night before and stayed the night. There are many hotels near the Consulate in Guangzhou. I stayed at the Grand Palace which is much less expensive than the Westin, but just as close.

When you go to Guangzhou there will be an American Citizen's Services department to your left and Visa Department to your right. You go to the right toward visas.

After getting through security, there will be a big area for non-immigration visas, a big area for immigration visas, and a little area for USCIS which is located at the far left of the immigration visa area.

There are two rooms labelled A and B and in between the two rooms is a sign that reads "USCIS". There are no stanchions or any other indications that this is where you should be. There are two rows of chairs, along the wall for room A and about 4 feet in front of the wall for room B. I hesitate to say it, but it seems that as so much in this process, you have to have a little faith!

On a side note, the 4th floor (maybe 3rd) is empty now and presumably the consulate will be expanding. I found myself thinking that the Consulate should hire Disney to design the waiting/reception area because after experiencing Guangzhou I can not understand why people still want to come to America!

They are open Friday's from 8:30 to 10:30 am. I do not know if they take everyone who is in line at 10:30 or at 10:30 everything shuts down and better luck next time, but I would not be surprised with either answer.

When you go there (I suggest you arrive a little prior to 8:30 to get in line), you will want to line up in front of room A since you are a US citizen.

After your paperwork is given to the clerk in room A (the clerk was the nicest, friendliest part of the entire process), you will be directed to a line in order to pay the $420. I believe it is #16, and it is around the corner and out of sight, however all the lines are numbered and I have confidence you can locate line #16 with relative ease. You pay and then bring the receipt back to room A (no waiting in line this time, just barge into the room with whomever is in there!) and give it to the clerk to add to your I130 application.

Incidentally, I went the night before and stayed the night. There are many hotels near the Consulate in Guangzhou. I stayed at the Grand Palace which is much less expensive than the Westin, but just as close.

The consulate IS expanding, but not at their present location - "the proposed completion date for the NCC is 2012-13."

Most of the 4th floor business are dependent on the consular traffic.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/the-plan-of-the-new-guangzhou-consulate-compound.html

I believe the 5th floor layout is still the same - the American Citizen Services is on the RIGHT (through a separate security checkpoint). The USCIS is through the LEFT security checkpoint ( and on the left of all the visa applicant windows, like you describe). It's been a few years, but I don't think they've moved things around - you may be referring to the direction to turn at the top of the escalator.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Since we are talking visiting the consulate in Guangzhou, if you plan on spending a night or two, you may contact Mr Yang who has several apartments in the same complex as the consulate, and rents then at a reasonable rate.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41830-rooms-for-rent-in-tianyu-building-us-consulate-complex/page__view__findpost__p__581077

so good news ^__^ i just received this email from Guangzhou

Residents of Yunnan would file with our office in Guangzhou. Regarding your residence status in China, if you are in possession of a presently valid ¡°Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People¡¯s Republic of China¡± you would qualify for a direct filing with our office.

Sincerely,

USCIS Guangzhou

Since we are talking visiting the consulate in Guangzhou, if you plan on spending a night or two, you may contact Mr Yang who has several apartments in the same complex as the consulate, and rents then at a reasonable rate.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41830-rooms-for-rent-in-tianyu-building-us-consulate-complex/page__view__findpost__p__581077

Thanks thats a good tip :) so what is the best way to contact them? By phone?

Thanks thats a good tip :) so what is the best way to contact them? By phone?

Phone, I beleive also email. I had my wife call him when we were in Guangzhou for visa interview. Nice couple will give good pointers how to interview.