Jump to content


proof of being single

Single Status

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 rst


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I searched for this in the forums but came up empty. My fiancee is 47 and never married. She's collecting the documents required for the interview. What sort of proof can she get that she's single and never married? Would a notarized sworn statement suffice? Many thanks!

#2 Randy W

Randy W

    玉林,桂 resident

  • Admin
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

NOTE: If the link is broken, try http://travel.state..../fees_3272.html or go to http://travel.state.gov/ and search for "Reciprocity by Country" (they seem to change this periodically)

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

link to www.bnpo.gov.cn/upload/file/200872115331419.doc


A discussion of the huji (or hukou 户口) system can be found at Hukou System. Chinese residents should go to their hukou for all notarial documents (birth, divorce, and/or single certificate, and police records). For the police record, one obtained at the hukou will cover all of China.

A notarial document will be in the standard white notarial booklet, have an official red seal, an English translation, and an attestation to the true translation.

Note that police records and single certificates are valid for one year from the date of notarization. Others are valid indefinitely.

Marriage certification for I-130 or K-3 must be in the same format.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.


#3 dnoblett


    Here to help

  • Admin
  • 19,081 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

Like the other requird documents birth cert, police cert, etc, a certificate of no marriage is obtained from the notary office having jurisdiction over their houshold book.