DCF in Beijing still pending for review after 2 months!!

I know of four other couples who filed right around the same time. I was just talki

ng to one of the wives (whose husband has already gone back to the States) that I was surprised they hadn't been approved yet. I will have to let them know it isn't a bad sign they haven't been approved (even if it is frustrating for all of you).

I do know one of the four couples got a RFE so at least his petition was looked at. It sounds like it might be the background check that is the issue.

I wonder if the end of DCF in most countries (not China) is to blame?

I know of four other couples who filed right around the same time. I was just talki

ng to one of the wives (whose husband has already gone back to the States) that I was surprised they hadn't been approved yet. I will have to let them know it isn't a bad sign they haven't been approved (even if it is frustrating for all of you).

I do know one of the four couples got a RFE so at least his petition was looked at. It sounds like it might be the background check that is the issue.

I wonder if the end of DCF in most countries (not China) is to blame?

If I remember that correctly, that "change" (in DCF processing) did not affect the USCIS - it only affected those DOS locations in countries that did not have a USCIS office.

The Dept of State used to accept I-130 petitions in those countries, and would forward them to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over that territory.

Again, USCIS processing was not affected at all - ONLY the DOS acceptance of petitions.

Effective Aug. 15, 2011, petitioners residing in countries without USCIS offices must file their Form I-130, Petition for an Alien Relative, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) lockbox facility in Chicago. This change makes the filing process more efficient and gives USCIS greater flexibility in managing its workload.

Although petitions in neighboring countries without USCIS offices would be sent to the US, NOT Beijing as before - so perhaps their workload would actually LIGHTEN.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Although petitions in neighboring countries without USCIS offices would be sent to the US, NOT Beijing as before - so perhaps their workload would actually LIGHTEN.

I have seen some indications that a lot of people globally filed to beat the Aug 15 deadline, no idea if that is a significant increase in volume or why that would effect Beijing since the only deal with Chinese petitions. The only commonality is the background check which all must be done (I think) back in the US.