Greetings and Welcome
Thank you for visiting A Candle for Love. The various forums in this site were created to provide a positive and supportive environment for people who have a loved one from China. Realizing that the process for obtaining a visa for that loved one is often a long, arduous, and stressful process, A Candle for Love was created to provide a venue for sharing information regarding the immigration process from start to finish as well as establishing a forum offering mutual support.
In order to create and maintain a supportive, informative environment the following guidelines have been established:
- The overall guiding principle for posting on Candle for Love is mutual respect.Our membership is wide-ranging in terms of socio-economic background and status, ethnicity, race, religion, political inclination, and personality. Such an environment is a potential breeding ground for conflict, but such conflict may be avoided by maintaining a personal respect for all members, regardless of differences. Cultural sensitivity, diversity and acceptance of all people are fundamental principles of Candle. Any racist, sexist or stereotypical statements are strictly prohibited.
- Differences of opinion and healthy debate are supported. However, no personal attacks or derogatory comments on any race,gender, religion, or political persuasion will be tolerated. Again, the overriding principle here is mutual respect.
- Flaming, name-calling, slandering, or otherwise bashing elected or appointed government officials and government organizations/agencies is not acceptable under any circumstance.
- Politics is a particularly sensitive topic and is strictly limited to issues related to immigration. “Hot Button” political issues should be avoided.
- Plagiarism of people’s stories and information from this site and distributing/posting elsewhere without explicit written permission from the original author is forbidden.
- Posting of copyrighted material may only be done with the consent of the author.
- Sharing government officials’ contact information on A Candle for Love is permissible only if this information was retrieved or is available on an official site, as this is public information. However,contact information that is “found” on other boards or that is given by an official should not be posted as this not only shows disrespect for that official, but will also decrease the likelihood that he or she will be sympathetic to our issues in the future.
- Posting of your own contact information is permissible, but not recommended. For your own protection, it is recommended that your personal contact information be posted in the secured “Contact List” forum. This forum is only available to people who are registered on this site. Spiders, bots (programs that gather email addresses for SPAM lists), and casual visitors will be unaware of this forums existence.
- Members are encouraged to talk about their own business experiences and that of their family members, especially as it relates to the immigration experience. However, unsolicited advertising (spamming) is not permitted.
Please take a moment to review the conditions of membership as detailed below. If you agree with these terms and wish to proceed with the registration process, simply click the “Register” button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the “back” button on your browser. .
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise is a violation of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this site.
You agree that your use of this service is at the pleasure of the site owner. Membership does not entitle a right of access or use of this site. Access may be terminated at any time without prior notice.
We are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the content of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately. We have the ability and reserve the right to remove any message deemed objectionable and will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame.Management has the final call on content and submissions may be edited or deleted without recourse.
Edited by Randy W, 01 June 2014 - 04:45 AM.