Well, I finally got something of value

I think the most effective way to hit a politician is through his campaign coffer.  Appeal to his virtuous nature through his wallet.  Remember, in politics, it's not what can he do for you, but what will he gain from helping you.  If you can bring enough money or constituents or influence to the table then he'll sit up and take notice.  

Great idea, I think I will sit down and write a $100,000 check. It will bounce the day after he cashes it, but perhaps nobody will notice. I would hate to think that US Politics are degrading to the point where they ignore the "ordinary" citizens because we can't muster enough cash together to make a difference to their personal bank account.

A half a dozen letters postmarked from Oregon won't make a big impact on a Missouri congressman.

However, if we can get some radio station (or TV) news coverage of our plight.... Perhaps that would make some impact.

------ Clifford ------

P.S.

Let's keep the comments clean.

Oh,

I was just reading the fine print.

You will like this one.

THIS MAILING WAS PREPARED, PUBLISHED, AND MAILED AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE

Obviously some kind of a misdirected publicity stunt for him paid by taxpayers.

----------

Oh...... There is not even a stamp or postmark on the letter, just a copy of his signature.

Clifford,

Don't send that letter! I really wouldn't if I were you. You'll just piss him off, and at this point you need more allies than enemies. You have absolutely positively nothing to gain (yet more to lose) if you send him that letter as it is written now. As you said, you'll be burning a bridge and at this point you can't afford to do that. As the old saying goes, you'll attract more ... how does it go ... attract more bees with honey than vinegar? Or is it flies? But why would you want to attract flies? That will just remind you how much of a dead and rotting carcass your application has become over at the US Embassy in Moscow.

Anyway, the point is, I don't think you should send that letter written that way.

But should you send some kind of a letter? Yes!! And should you (re)explain your plight to him?? Hell yeah!! You should do something to catch his attention, but don't turn him against you. Save the anger until after he has become completely useless to you, then write him a letter telling him how useless he was all along, etc, etc.

I would return the calender back to him (attention grabber (and say something about how you can't bear the sight of calendars these days)), with a kindly written letter explaining your current situation, and tell him that you are in current need of help, and that you think he is the only man in the whole wide world with enough power, prestige, skill, talent, brains, blah, blah (puick hurl) who can solve this problem, and that he alone will be able to re-unite you with your loved one. That will surely inflate his ego and hopefully he'll jump on your case like flies on honey. Or is it bees??? Argh! Just like Mark said ... he is a penile politician ... stroke him and he'll magically come to life! :rolleyes:

Again, I think it's best if you don't turn him against you, save the animosity for later!!