A new era for CFL

Since the cat is out of the bag I might as well make it an announcement. I didn't make one earlier out of respect for Don's wishes. He doesn't want a big farewell thread.

After more than 9 years here he is finally tired of it and wants to move on to other things. He will still drop in from time to time to help with the transition and get us through the next upgrade. He won't be posting or responding to PMs. It was a surprise to me too and no amount of my whining could get him to change his mind.

I am now the prime admin and I asked Kyle to become co-admin. When I step down he will likely take over. Please give him his condolences or congratulations.

As for me I don't plan on changing anything major. Don's name will be on the admin panel as long as he's alive. CFL's primary mission is still intact.

I don't know why Don deleted his posts but he owned the site and it was his to do with as he wished. I am grateful he is handing it over to me rather than just letting it die.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Carl

Since the cat is out of the bag I might as well make it an announcement. I didn't make one earlier out of respect for Don's wishes. He doesn't want a big farewell thread.

After more than 9 years here he is finally tired of it and wants to move on to other things. He will still drop in from time to time to help with the transition and get us through the next upgrade. He won't be posting or responding to PMs. It was a surprise to me too and no amount of my whining could get him to change his mind.

I am now the prime admin and I asked Kyle to become co-admin. When I step down he will likely take over. Please give him his condolences or congratulations.

As for me I don't plan on changing anything major. Don's name will be on the admin panel as long as he's alive. CFL's primary mission is still intact.

I don't know why Don deleted his posts but he owned the site and it was his to do with as he wished. I am grateful he is handing it over to me rather than just letting it die.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Carl

Carl, thanks for pickin' up the candle as it were and carrying it forward. Best of luck to you and Kyle, Dan, and the other moderators.

Yes, it is sad to see Don go, but he did a great job and I reckon he feels his job is done for now. Can't blame a man for that.

This is a great site for us who deal with the craziness and insanity from our government in Guangzhou, and sometimes with the USCIS. Many of us learned how to navigate those often troubled waters and how to learn patience. I can't say enough good about Candle.

Thanks Don, and thank you Carl.

tsap seui

Carl, I wish you well in your new capacity as Honcho of CFL. I cannot think of a more capable and appropriate person to take over the reins now that the Donster has decided to hang up his mouse. I am starting to work on that little project you gave me and, with any luck, should be completed before the end comes on 12/21/12. :huh: :blink: :lol:

Wow ~ ! Small announcement for a BIG change --------- The Don ---- who I have had the pleasure to socialize with several time a CFL get togethers in the earlier years, is every bit the stand-up guy you have come to know at CFL. He has taken far more than his share of flack---- from myself included ----- over the years, and now that the Candle has settled down, I, at least thought he, at the helm, had brought the ship into calmer waters, and would enjoy a steady hand at a stable ship. But as Carl says, its his decision, and Carl is the natural choice to take the helm.