a question about CCP

I became a probationary member of it in College becoz of my academic excellence, but never became an official one for the past 3 years since I didnt request to nor did i fulfill the duties. Actually i cant even find it now, but ppl told me i might still be on their party member list somewhere.

Now im confused about what to say if im asked this question.
Can I just say :"No, I'm not."?

Can anyone give me a clear idea about my circumstance? Thx very much!

I became a probationary member of it in College becoz of my academic excellence, but never became an official one for the past 3 years since I didnt request to nor did i fulfill the duties. Actually i cant even find it now, but ppl told me i might still be on their party member list somewhere.

If you signed any documents to become a probationary member. I would probably say yes and explain the circumstances. No sense trying to hide this and later getting possibly caught and questioned about it at other stages of immigration.

If you signed any documents to become a probationary member. I would probably say yes and explain the circumstances. No sense trying to hide this and later getting possibly caught and questioned about it at other stages of immigration.

You are right. I dont want that either, but I dont think i am, lol. Ofc, if they ask me whether i joined, then i will say yes , i was a probationary one 3 years ago. Thanks for your quick response.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

My fiancée is having issues with this as well.

She applied to be a member in college, which was more than two years ago. After college, she never thought about the CCP again. Basically, the school came up to her and said, in essence, 'You're a good student, you should join the CCP' being a good diligent student, she did as the school said. After she applied, she never did anything with the CCP again.

Now, she's freaking out. I asked her if she can get any proof that she hasn't paid any dues or when her membership expired, but her answer was basically 'I don't think so'

Does anyone have any suggestions to help? I'm telling her to write a letter in Chinese and English explaining her situation. Is there anything more to do?

She applied to be a member in college, which was more than two years ago. After college, she never thought about the CCP again. Basically, the school came up to her and said, in essence, 'You're a good student, you should join the CCP' being a good diligent student, she did as the school said. After she applied, she never did anything with the CCP again.

Now, she's freaking out. I asked her if she can get any proof that she hasn't paid any dues or when her membership expired, but her answer was basically 'I don't think so'

Does anyone have any suggestions to help? I'm telling her to write a letter in Chinese and English explaining her situation. Is there anything more to do?

It is unlikely to be an issue, except that it may cause an administrative delay in the issuance of the visa. She IS a member, and will be unable to "prove" inactivity.

If you include the letter, keep it simple - no more than a sentence or two.

It is unlikely to be an issue, except that it may cause an administrative delay in the issuance of the visa. She IS a member, and will be unable to "prove" inactivity.

After talking to her more, she found out that according to the CCP Bylaws she isn't a member...

http://imageshack.com/a/img401/369/qse4.jpg

She hasn't paid dues, participated in the party's organizaional life, do work assigned to the party, or anything else for at least two and a half years. I assume this would qualify her for an exception under (1)...

9 FAM 40.34 N4 EXCEPTION FOR PAST MEMBERSHIP
(CT:VISA-939; 03-21-2008)
a.INA 212(a)(3)(D)(iii) relieves an alien of visa ineligibility if his or her membership or affiliation terminated at least:
(1) Two years before the date of application for a visa or for admission; or
(2) Five years before the date of application for a visa or for admission, in the case of an alien whose membership or affiliation was with
the party contro lling the Government of a foreign state that is a totalitarian dictatorship as of the date of application
Is my assumption correct? Or what am I missing?

Would have to prove terminated membership 2 years prior. If cannot prove this then the best course of action it to simply provide a letter explaining why joined, do not infer in the letter that was for political reasons, just that joining was encuraged as a way to better employment opportunities.

Do not lie and try to hide this,because this can come back and bite you later, misrepresenting the facts is far worse if cought.

After talking to her more, she found out that according to the CCP Bylaws she isn't a member...

http://imageshack.com/a/img401/369/qse4.jpg

She hasn't paid dues, participated in the party's organizaional life, do work assigned to the party, or anything else for at least two and a half years. I assume this would qualify her for an exception under (1)...

9 FAM 40.34 N4 EXCEPTION FOR PAST MEMBERSHIP
(CT:VISA-939; 03-21-2008)
a.INA 212(a)(3)(D)(iii) relieves an alien of visa ineligibility if his or her membership or affiliation terminated at least:
(1) Two years before the date of application for a visa or for admission; or
(2) Five years before the date of application for a visa or for admission, in the case of an alien whose membership or affiliation was with
the party contro lling the Government of a foreign state that is a totalitarian dictatorship as of the date of application
Is my assumption correct? Or what am I missing?

What you are missing is that the "defection" must be approved by the General Assembly and approved by the "high Party organization".

Whether your assumption is correct or not, it is best to reveal the truth - she DID sign up at the urging of her school officials, but never actively participated.

Well, of course we're not going to lie. The biggest issue is whether simply stating that she's no longer a member for the past two years is sufficient get the waiver or whether we would need proof that she's no longer a member. The issue is what would this proof be and where to get it?

We'll know soon enough. Just....edgy about this issue.

Thanks.

Well, of course we're not going to lie. The biggest issue is whether simply stating that she's no longer a member for the past two years is sufficient get the waiver or whether we would need proof that she's no longer a member. The issue is what would this proof be and where to get it?

Thanks.

She is most likely still on the books as a member. If the Consulate decides to investigate, it means a 2 or 3 month delay in most cases before the visa is awarded. That's it, pure and simple. Nothing further is required.

Coming up with "proof" of an official dismissal might be MUCH more difficult and time consuming - and counter-productive, since it would require more involvement with the Party.

The facts are simple - she signed up at the urging of her school officials, but never actively participated. My advice - keep it simple.

I don't think we've heard of anyone who was denied the waiver.

Thanks.

She is most likely still on the books as a member. If the Consulate decides to investigate, it means a 2 or 3 month delay in most cases before the visa is awarded. That's it, pure and simple. Nothing further is required.

Coming up with "proof" of an official dismissal might be MUCH more difficult and time consuming - and counter-productive, since it would require more involvement with the Party.

The facts are simple - she signed up at the urging of her school officials, but never actively participated. My advice - keep it simple.

I don't think we've heard of anyone who was denied the waiver.

The wait for administrative processing currently seems to take 8 months or so (we're on month seven). Hopefully it'll go back to taking three months.

My wife looked into formally quitting the Party (this after 2+ years of inactivity and never having paid dues b/c of being a student), and, as Randy says, it looked like it was going to be a huge hassle. The lady she spoke with said that my wife would have to submit a handwritten letter explaining why she wished to quit the party (despite the rules, they don't seem to consider you an ex-member simply because of inactivity and not paying dues), which would be given to a panel that would consider and vote upon her request. Just calling to ask about this was quite uncomfortable for my wife because she was asked a number of personal questions before the woman would answer the question.

If anyone's SO has gone through the process of formally quitting, I'd love to hear how it went, how long it took, etc.

• 4 months later...

Hi, Everyone,

My family is in the same boat. My wife and 17 months old daughter is waiting for Interview the first week of July. (It took 15 months for us to reach here).

I have read the CCP related posts here. My wife joint simply because it was required due to she was HR manager of the state own company. I didn't know this process now takes over a year for someone. I can't imaging if I am apart from my little girl for that long.

Can any one of here helps me to understand what will happen after the interview. I presume they will not issue a visa to her. According to the published state department procedure: http://www.state.gov...ation/86973.pdf , for CCP member the Guangzhou consulate must request for the Department’s Security Advisory Opinions (SAO).

Do we need to file the I-601 ourselves or consulate will submit internal SAO without us to file I-601?

Does the I-601 is required or additional to the consulate's SAO? Can we file the I-601 now before the interview? Will that speed things up?

According to the latest state document, the adjudication of the I-601 is coming from Nebraska Service Center, which currently is processing the Dec 2nd 2013, means the wait for CCP will be over 6 month.

The medical exam is only valid for 6 month, what happens when the I-601 is cleared, the consulate will request us to submit the new medical exam again?

What happens to my 17 month old daughter? If the consulate delay the issue of my wife's visa, will they still issue the visa to my daughter?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

Hi, Everyone,

My family is in the same boat. My wife and 17 months old daughter is waiting for Interview the first week of July. (It took 15 months for us to reach here).

I have read the CCP related posts here. My wife joint simply because it was required due to she was HR manager of the state own company. I didn't know this process now takes over a year for someone. I can't imaging if I am apart from my little girl for that long.

Can any one of here helps me to understand what will happen after the interview. I presume they will not issue a visa to her. According to the published state department procedure: http://www.state.gov...ation/86973.pdf , for CCP member the Guangzhou consulate must request for the Department’s Security Advisory Opinions (SAO).

Do we need to file the I-601 ourselves or consulate will submit internal SAO without us to file I-601?

Does the I-601 is required or additional to the consulate's SAO? Can we file the I-601 now before the interview? Will that speed things up?

According to the latest state document, the adjudication of the I-601 is coming from Nebraska Service Center, which currently is processing the Dec 2nd 2013, means the wait for CCP will be over 6 month.

The medical exam is only valid for 6 month, what happens when the I-601 is cleared, the consulate will request us to submit the new medical exam again?

What happens to my 17 month old daughter? If the consulate delay the issue of my wife's visa, will they still issue the visa to my daughter?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45017-our-ccp-wait-time-88-days/?p=613276

• 1 year later...

So I'm checking this ahead of time, and I've looked through the forums, but haven't found an exact answer to my specific question. I just received the email to fill out the DS260. When my wife was 14 and in her first year of Jr High she was elected to join and be a tuanyuan of the communist party. She is not a dangyuan, or official member. From what she has explained it sounds more like cub scouts of some sort. However she never paid any monthly fees, never attended any meetings of any sort, and had nothing else to do with it besides paying some money and getting a tag she could wear that said she was a part of this group of good students. She didn't even use her ID number for this, and nothing ever happened with it again. This was almost 10 years ago. She has never had a job for any sort of company either, so it's never even given her any benefits.

Is this something that needs to be included in the application, and could it delay anything? I know she is not a rank and file member of the communist party, and I'm wondering if I'm going to make more problems for myself if I bring this up.

I do want to be honest, not lie, but I'm wondering if this even qualifies as something that needs to be mentioned.

So I'm checking this ahead of time, and I've looked through the forums, but haven't found an exact answer to my specific question. I just received the email to fill out the DS260. When my wife was 14 and in her first year of Jr High she was elected to join and be a tuanyuan of the communist party. She is not a dangyuan, or official member. From what she has explained it sounds more like cub scouts of some sort. However she never paid any monthly fees, never attended any meetings of any sort, and had nothing else to do with it besides paying some money and getting a tag she could wear that said she was a part of this group of good students. She didn't even use her ID number for this, and nothing ever happened with it again. This was almost 10 years ago. She has never had a job for any sort of company either, so it's never even given her any benefits.

Is this something that needs to be included in the application, and could it delay anything? I know she is not a rank and file member of the communist party, and I'm wondering if I'm going to make more problems for myself if I bring this up.

I do want to be honest, not lie, but I'm wondering if this even qualifies as something that needs to be mentioned.

Here is a recent thread of a similar case.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48417-chinese-communist-youth-league-need-more-info/