a question about CCP

I received a blue slip due to CCP, which was predicted. Now waiting starts. Hope not long. There is only one question which may not be covered in my statement, which is "degree to which you accept(ed) the structure, goals, methods, and practices of the party". Should I answer it generally or need to address it more specifical to each item? Thank you.

Generally. You joined in order to work your job this is all you need to explain. Unless you were a hard-core dyed in the wool communist.

Generally. You joined in order to work your job this is all you need to explain. Unless you were a hard-core dyed in the wool communist.

I have work purpose in the submitted statement. I just think this question is specific, does work purpose point into it? Anyway I will figure it out. Thanks.

I have work purpose in the submitted statement. I just think this question is specific, does work purpose point into it? Anyway I will figure it out. Thanks.

I think Lee spelled it out well here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43015&view=findpost&p=569865

We stated "no" on the CCP question in our paper work and my wife wasn't asked during the interview.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Question: was this the truth or lie?

In our case my Wife was in the army and we answered truthfully regarding military service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just find out CCP is asked in item 40c of DS 230 form. We missed the question.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43068&st=15

To help other applicants who have such an issue and choose "yes" to the question, do you think it would be helpful for them to avoid a blue slip at interview if they submit a statement along with their DS 230 form? It could be an option! Certainly it would not be if "GZ doesn't really look at the petition until interview day" as warpedbored said.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

Just to add this note to the sticky thread for others.

In our case, CCP was brought up again at the AOS interview in the U.S., so be sure to bring a copy of the CCP statement and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. Have a little speech prepared about why/when you joined and how you weren't really involved in any way. That was what they expected to hear, that's what we told them (the truth), and they were happy with that.

Just to add this note to the sticky thread for others.

In our case, CCP was brought up again at the AOS interview in the U.S., so be sure to bring a copy of the CCP statement and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. Have a little speech prepared about why/when you joined and how you weren't really involved in any way. That was what they expected to hear, that's what we told them (the truth), and they were happy with that.

Thanks for sharing your story. For me, I will get 10 years green card when I arrive in US. Hope no more questions.

Question on the Statement as we plan on handing in at the interview.

1. Does this have to be in English only or in Chinese as well?

2. Can I or Should I write a statement as well? What does it say?

I have the handout from GUZ so I know what my wife's statement has to say.

Question on the Statement as we plan on handing in at the interview.

1. Does this have to be in English only or in Chinese as well?

2. Can I or Should I write a statement as well? What does it say?

I have the handout from GUZ so I know what my wife's statement has to say.

1) In English, or if in Chinese then a Translation should be attached.

2) No statement from petitioner is needed for the CCP issue.

As said before department of state and immigrations understand that for some jobs in China, the employee needs to join the party, much like in the states some jobs require joining a union. Party membership for employment is fine and easily dealt with, usually requiring some post interview processing. Big diff between party membership for political reasons VS for employment.

my wife said many University students join CCP and it 's voluntary ,ie. it's not required in order to enroll .

It is true to some students, but not for others. Probably only the students in the system know how the system works. It is called in-system and out-system.

What are the benefits of joining CCP ???

Is it required ? What cases are they required ?

Can foreigners join to ? What benefits ?

:lol:

CCP = Chinese Communist Party

Technically a member of the Communist Party is inadmissible to immigrate to the USA, however this is automatically waived in cases where membership was a condition of employment, and was not for political reasons.

Can foreigners join, no reason to, and I doubt could unless they first became a citizen of China.

What are the benefits of joining CCP ???

Is it required ? What cases are they required ?

Can foreigners join to ? What benefits ?

--Maybe the document below can provide a clue, www.state.gov/documents/organization/86972.pdf. It could be sholarships/fellowship/grants, jobs, management/offical positions etc.

--I do not know if and how a foreigner joins to. If you want, your wife can inquire her workplace if she is employed; if not, maybe the workplace where she worked before. Good luck.