Anyone hear.....

tsap seui

Now whar in blazes did ye here at air bit o stainkin newz?

I swears to ya on my daughter's birth certificate cap-i-tan, it wuz in my fortune cookie last night at the "Who Flung Dung" Chinese restaurant I eated at.

I figure it is just canceled for that day.

Isn't ACH on Monday's? Or is it on Fridays? Hell, I don't know, and why the hell do I even have to care?

I'm gittin' a mite long in the tooth to be even askin' immigration questions....I yearn for the simple life again, a life where the doggies roam the range, a life where nary is heard a discouragin' word, a life with no interference by the American government into our bona fide relationship, a life where mens is mens, and the sheepes lives in fear.

tsap seui

No fortune cookie here.

Wow news!!

What's New

Petitioner Hour for U.S. Citizens to Discontinue

Please note that the Immigrant Visa Section will no longer be holding petitioner hour for U.S. citizens after November 15, 2010. In addition, the Immigrant Visa Unit asks that all inquiries regarding immigrant visas be directed to us using the on-line form available on our website.

Effective November 15, 2010, all inquiries received through other means will not be acted upon.

http://guangzhou.use...iscontinue.html

Note: ACH currently is 2PM Mondays

No fortune cookie here.

Wow news!!

What's New

Petitioner Hour for U.S. Citizens to Discontinue

Please note that the Immigrant Visa Section will no longer be holding petitioner hour for U.S. citizens after November 15, 2010. In addition, the Immigrant Visa Unit asks that all inquiries regarding immigrant visas be directed to us using the on-line form available on our website.

Effective November 15, 2010, all inquiries received through other means will not be acted upon.

http://guangzhou.use...iscontinue.html

Note: ACH currently is 2PM Mondays

Thanks for the confirmation Dan.

Well, looks like lil' rabbit was right, another strategy lost. No more showing your face in person and discussing things at ACH.

Mebbe the DOS could just do the interview with their lil' online form, it would be just as realistic and effective as the system they have now.

Or, why even have an interview. They already know who they're gonna give a visa to before the interview. The DOS could just e-mail your lady with the message "please come pick up your passport and attached visa" or "your husband's/boyfriend's application proof did not prove a bona fide relationship, please try again in 2 years."

Or... just let the ladies line up at the carnval style lucky ducky pond and pick a lil' plastic yellow bobbing ducky with the word "visa" or "denied" on it's bottom.

Like I always said, "guilty until proven innoocent", now we're gonna take away another means of you proving your innocence.

tsap seui

That stinks. It's a bummer that they are ending the petitioner hour.

Yep ol' buddy, pretty sad to see, indeed.

tsap seui

But not unexpected. One of the ranking USCIS officals was quoted in a recent article concerning the need for immigration reform that our current immigration laws allow for a US citizen to "immediately" bring their new spouse to America.

tsap seui

But not unexpected. One of the ranking USCIS officals was quoted in a recent article concerning the need for immigration reform that our current immigration laws allow for a US citizen to "immediately" bring their new spouse to America.

In our case, it's been 4 years, I wonder if that is enough time?

That guys quote was to be pretty much expected, also.

tsap seui

tsap seui

In our case, it's been 4 years, I wonder if that is enough time?

That guys quote was to be pretty much expected, also.

tsap seui

I think "Imidiate" is referring to the fact that a spouse has a visa number "Imegiatly" available. IR-1 = Imidiate Relative.

tsap seui

Chop.....I haven't read all the way through this thread yet....but I didn't go to ACH either. I made an appointment at the Consulate to have a form "notarized" - and then I could ask, discuss, show my ignorance or whatever in front of one of the VISA officers. It really helped in my case - maybe just coincidence - but I didn't bother with ACH as I didn't want to be restricted to what could be discussed. Just my 2 MAO worth - as I find in XIamen it's now cost 3 MAO for a 2 Mao pair of chopsticks - if you want a NEW pair instead of the Washed ones at the noodle shop. BTW, I think you just had the bad luck of the draw last time - and will sail right through this go 'round. Best of Luck Hawaii Mike

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

tsap seui

Chop.....I haven't read all the way through this thread yet....but I didn't go to ACH either. I made an appointment at the Consulate to have a form "notarized" - and then I could ask, discuss, show my ignorance or whatever in front of one of the VISA officers. It really helped in my case - maybe just coincidence - but I didn't bother with ACH as I didn't want to be restricted to what could be discussed. Just my 2 MAO worth - as I find in XIamen it's now cost 3 MAO for a 2 Mao pair of chopsticks - if you want a NEW pair instead of the Washed ones at the noodle shop. BTW, I think you just had the bad luck of the draw last time - and will sail right through this go 'round. Best of Luck Hawaii Mike

Thanks for the "good luck" Mike.

Over 3 years ago I also went to ACS (American CItizen Services) to get some "notarizations" with the same thought as you....tried to discretely chat up this American lady about the process and she laughed and told me she was no VO, just an office worker who couldn't access the computer about my case.

Tried to go to ACH....it got canceled 2 days prior....I had gone to hot sticky nasty Guangzhou a week early, with ACH as a goal....oh, we got the hospital stuff done, but what a sorry city to have to be stuck in without getting your goal done.

ACH will be history now, I had a script for our upcoming one, now....I'll just use their e-mail form....it's not like I didn't already send the buzzards 75 e-mails after lil' rabbit got a blue slip and they made us wait 10 months for the denial. I waited 2 months before ever sending the first e-mail on that K-1 case.

I agree, it was simply bad luck the first time, heck, the USCIS didn't even send me a form letter with the charges against us. Marc Ellis told me it was the first time he had heard of a case being reafirmed without the customer being sent the charges and making a rebuttal, and he said that by the USCIS doing this in our case it showed him that the DOS case against us was so shaky legally that the USCIS didn't even bother to ask us for a rebuttal, just quickly reafirmed us and sent it back to DOS.

Have fun in paradise, Mike. If you ever need a carpet cleaner for the mansion in Reno, I have a good friend whose been there for decades cleaning. He does his own work and has a great reputation there.

tsap seui

Where I'm from they keep Embassies and Consulates open for Citizens in Distress or in need of Advice or other Services...just knock on the door if outside Office hours....I even have mails to prove it!!

Is a different thing here, what is being discussed is Petitioner hour, this is a 1 hour period per week where a visa petitioner can visit the consulate and ask questions regarding the paperwork involved with an immigrant visa petition.

Tsap Suei

I'm not a USC but the problems you and others are facing is just a weight problem!!...Carry a LapTop,a Laser Printer,a 220V Petrol Generator and you'll be able to communicate with your Embassy...Only one problem here!!...Will the Airlines permit the Excess baggage???

And!!!...perhaps some Authority took the HDD out of your LapTop for Investigation????

Solution!??...hehehe...Easy!.....Cloud Computing!!!......and a Local SIM-card

FUNNY!
  • 5 weeks later...

So now that ACH is cancelled, how do we get straight answers from the GUZ consulate?

Every time I've used that infernal web email form, I get a reply back the next day that there is no way they can verify that my email address is tied to the case in question.

Darned right there's no way - my case is so old that the NVC forms I used didn't have form fields for email addresses yet.

It's not clear whether the new update language now also excludes physical mail and FAXes to their office...

BIOTECHS