Quick question and advise for a friend

Hui has made a freind here in mese. Her friend arrived here on a K-1 in December and they filed late for AOS, they just filed last month.

There is a question about her daughters interview next month.The daughter is 12 and from what I understand the father abandon the monther and daughter whan the baby was only 7 months old.

what do they need to do? they were just going to go to the interview and tell the VO that they have not heard or seen from the father in 11 and 1/2 years.

I think they would need some kind of paperwork to give the people in GUZ. The womans brother will be taking the girl to her interview and i think will go in with her to the interview.

what do they need to get together?

They need the custody papers to prove that the woman has custody (nurturing or whatever they call it in China)

Also, we saw a kid who was denied his visa because neither of his parents were there. They may want to look into being there.

They need the custody papers to prove that the woman has custody (nurturing or whatever they call it in China)

Also, we saw a kid who was denied his visa because neither of his parents were there. They may want to look into being there.

Randy I just asked them about the custody papers for the girl. The husband told me that the father of the girl has said he would hurt or kill any of her family members if he saw them in his home town applying for custody in the courts. The huband knows people in the courts and could find out if they did it.

the womans father in china has said he can go to the proper office where he knows a "friend" who can noterize a "statement" from the father saying it is ok for the girl to travel to the usa.

from what I have been told the father is a dirtbag, he has said threw a friend he wants to have his daughter back and send her to live in Japan with friends. This has happened with a cousin who went to live in Japan with "friends" and the girl in now in the sex industry in Japan.

Can they write a letter to the VO explaining this?

Does she have custody? If she does, she doesn't need to worry about him.

If there's a battle of some kind going on, well, GUZ won't replace the court system in China.

Perhaps he's looking for a bribe.

maybe robert can get the girls father enrolled in a pizza of the week at Pizza Hut for a year?

Jesting aside, there is a lot to be said for what and how friends can help some people in the visa process...if she has a passport, it is possible there may be no problem. Often times, the custody papers are not asked to be seen. However, they may be more likely to ask more questions about this if the mother is not present.

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

Randy I just asked them about the custody papers for the girl. The husband told me that the father of the girl has said he would hurt or kill any of her family members if he saw them in his home town applying for custody in the courts. The huband knows people in the courts and could find out if they did it.

the womans father in china has said he can go to the proper office where he knows a "friend" who can noterize a "statement" from the father saying it is ok for the girl to travel to the usa.

from what I have been told the father is a dirtbag, he has said threw a friend he wants to have his daughter back and send her to live in Japan with friends. This has happened with a cousin who went to live in Japan with "friends" and the girl in now in the sex industry in Japan.

Can they write a letter to the VO explaining this?

This sounds like the way to go.